Salt Creep/Rust issues

ciao

Since I have an open sump tank with nothing to prevent droplets of water and vapor to escape underneath my tank in a wood stand, I'm wondering how does everybody else keep the salt and rust associated from ruining the wood stand and metal fixtures on the doors? Do people put a plastic sheet over the sump tank? I would appreciate any ideas or tricks anybody has for controlling this problem.

Well that depends, if you are just having a problem with little drops splashing out here and there and building up to a larger problem then I would suggest running it into a filter sock. If you're salt creep issues are from pipes then make sure every joint is sealed.

I have even seen people use filter socks and cut them open at the bottom so they get the effect of the sock without having to change it out every week.

You could also fabricate a piece of plexi to cover that side where the splashing is happening.

Well that depends, if you are just having a problem with little drops splashing out here and there and building up to a larger problem then I would suggest running it into a filter sock. If you're salt creep issues are from pipes then make sure every joint is sealed.

I have even seen people use filter socks and cut them open at the bottom so they get the effect of the sock without having to change it out every week.

You could also fabricate a piece of plexi to cover that side where the splashing is happening.

If you left the filter sock for more then a week then that would accumulate nutrients wouldnt you think?

Jay

I have been known to let mine go till overflowing sometimes...(whistle)