cracked rubbermaid tub

badguitarist

well I got out to my greenhouse today and one of my rubber maid tubs is leaking water from a crack in the bottom panel. I am pretty disgusted as it is only about 3 months old. it is on a stand and i'm wondering if it could have cracked due to the stand being uneven although i re tested it with a level today and it appears to be completely level. plus these things are made to handle horses and cows roughing them up so I doubt thats the cause. all in all I'm pretty disgusted and im sure i cant take it back as I have drilled one of the sides.

Anyways after my rant my real question is what do you use to try and repair a rubbermaid tub? would some type of weld on work or maybe an abs glue? I dont know what material they are made out of so im sure what is the best product to try and patch it. any and all advice is welcome. especially if someone has personal experience doing this,

thank you,

Kyle

yea i may have to call them, in fact im gonna check their website right now. like i said they are made to withstand livestock beating them up. and im sure farmers just plop them down wherever they feel like not worrying about rock or root or evenness of the ground. but also like I said i drilled 2 two inch holes in the side so I dont know if that may void any warranty even though it has nothing to do with the crack. luckily I caught it early though, as the ATO would have screwed it up bad otherwise, the salinity was still at 1.019 nothing really to worry about.

On a side note I bought a zoanthid colony today and broke it into a few pieces to put each piece in a different tank. and when i cracked the base rock open there were two 2 inch fire worms (genus: eunice or hermadice most likely) in the rock. I tried to get some pictures but they all came out fuzzy and I was in a hurry. anyways I cracked the base rock open as much as i could and didnt find anymore (i wouldnt be surprised if there are) I put all the peices on a bare bottom tank on some eggcrate so hopefully if there are more they will fall out into the bottom. otherwise i bet the zoanthids can tolerate a freshwater dip as they do get exposed to the elements at low tide. Anyways I though it was kind-of a neat story.

Kyle