Seafood Watch

JManrow

The "Seafood Watch" West Coast Seafood Guide 2006 leaflet that Krux had available at the last meeting has been very useful whenever we buy seafood at the store. I would like to get get a few more to give to some of the employees in the seafood/meat dept. where we shop. Hopefully the word will make it to the buyers for their stores.

Other suggestions about what we can do to to increase public awareness of the situation of threatened species and health benefits and risks of certain seafoods are at the Monterey Aquarium Website:

http://www.mbayaq.org/cr/seafoodwatch.asp

The "Seafood Watch" West Coast Seafood Guide 2006 leaflet that Krux had available at the last meeting has been very useful whenever we buy seafood at the store.

We use it, too! Jay always whips it out of his wallet when we buy seafood to make sure we're doing our part.

Stacy

I anyone watched the J.M. Cousteau program last week, when they were stocking the boat for the voyage, they turned down some seafood from a fisherman, stating that it was not on the safe list, and that the purpose of the voyage was to promote sustainability in the oceans.

I am going to be showing the video at the meeting next weekend, if anyone would like to borrow it I will have a couple copies available in the club library.

Yeah, great series, folks should start watching it. Not sure if the schedual is steady, but it has been on at 8:00pm on wednesdays on pbs.

Hey Krux - can you bring more of the Seafood Watch cards to the meeting I have lost mine. Thanks

Yeah, I need a personal one of my own, too! Strangely enough, sometimes I shop for food on my own... and I never set foot in Jay's chain of grocery stores so I can't ask him if the fish is okay or not. (Yes, there is bad blood between me and Ray's.)

Stacy