Snail Sale!!!

Hello all!

I am going to try and run a sale ever couple of weeks or so.

This week I have the followign snails on sale:

Margarita Turbos:

2907235432_2f3fd6ccfe.jpg

These guys will eat lots of algae and unlike many snials will readily consume hair algae as well! They have black shells with black bodies and are roughly 3/4"-1" in size

1-10 .49 each

10-25 .44 each

25-50 .39 each

50+ .33 each!!!

South Atlantic Turbos:

9667-004-503088C1.jpg

These snails are roughly 3/5-3/4" in length. They have a nice dense cone shape and a very large mouth. They consume diatoms, detritus, and algaes very well.

1-10 .44 each

10-25 .39 each

25-50 .34 each

50+ .29each!!!

Zebra Turbos:

zebrastripeturbosnail.jpg

If you have algae, these guys will take care of it! They are a larger snail between 1" and 2".

1-5 $1.65 each

5-10 $1.45 each

10+ $1.20 each!!!

Many many other varieties of snails in stock at great prices!!!

Hey Garrett' date=' can you get tiny turbos? I know they normally come in with LR and I think I have some in my display (provided they survived the transfer from my 40g tank) but I would be interested in putting enough in now to get a good population of them going.[/quote']

I have a few that I can collect for you some time. They aren't really available to bring in but they grow pretty readily in my system.

Are you looking for anything in particular? I'm already meeting up with him some time in the near future in PDX somewhere to get a couple of things we discussed a week or so ago.

I just needs some snails. Most mine died off a while back and have been waiting for things to settle before I re invest.

Most the local stores around here cant even come close to those prices.

I just needs some snails. Most mine died off a while back and have been waiting for things to settle before I re invest.

Most the local stores around here cant even come close to those prices.

I know Garrett has a lot more than what are posted. I usually meet up with him midday when he makes a trip up. If you (or anyone else) want me to pick up an order for you at the same time just let me know. If someone wants to toss a couple of snails or something my way for picking up an order then I will not turn it down however I'm already meeting with him anyway so it isn't necessary. Last time I picked up some nassarius, astreas, trochus, an electric blue hermit, and even a yellow watchman goby. This time up I'm getting a couple of medium to large electric blue hermits, maybe a fromia star, and whatever orders anyone else wants me to pick up for them.

Hey Garrett, just saw your Ebay site-I sell on there as well but I sell silver bullion and occasionally gold bullion-similar ID byrd.man-anyway.

My question since I saw the Chaeto-your listing states

"Chaeto can be placed in your display because almost nothing will eat it and it stays nice and neat in the place you want it to be"

Is that true, My Purple Tang eats this stuff like its going out of style-its actually the only reason I add it to my tank so the tang can eat it, also my emerald crabs woof it down as well.

Do you find that rare?

I see others mention other items you sell, is it Ebay or do you have another site?

Thanks man

Hey Garrett, just saw your Ebay site-I sell on there as well but I sell silver bullion and occasionally gold bullion-similar ID byrd.man-anyway.

My question since I saw the Chaeto-your listing states

"Chaeto can be placed in your display because almost nothing will eat it and it stays nice and neat in the place you want it to be"

Is that true, My Purple Tang eats this stuff like its going out of style-its actually the only reason I add it to my tank so the tang can eat it, also my emerald crabs woof it down as well.

Do you find that rare?

I see others mention other items you sell, is it Ebay or do you have another site?

Thanks man

Byrd,

In my experience I havn't found anything that really eats it readily. I have seen a few different tang species that will munch on it from time to time and I am sure there are several inverts that will consume it aswell. Most of the fish that we have in our displays for the most part leave it alone. I have tried to get rid of the stuff by tossing a clump in the display(and believe me it is not short of fish or inverts lol) and I have had no luck with much consumption. I guess the statement is more general than specific.

Besides ebay, I have a new website I am working on. I had a simple on for mainly custom orders but have since shut it down. I also sell by appointment to locals or through word of mouth though my demographic seems to be growing as of late :)

...."Chaeto can be placed in your display because almost nothing will eat it and it stays nice and neat in the place you want it to be"

I would question this as well. My Purple Tang eats it along with Halimeda. I've seen my Electric Blue Hermit eating it along with snails as well. Although I have to admit none of them eat enough to really effect it much. My Purple Tang though is a bit strange. It would just as soon eat krill or a silverside as it would nori. (Mine tries to swipe almost anything I feed the anemones or fungia)

...though my demographic seems to be growing as of late :)

That's a good thing right.;)

BTW, Your welcome to use me as a point of contact to get orders to anyone up in this area. As you know my schedule is pretty flexible so it may be easier for me to meet you than it may be for some others.

edit: sorry I meant to click quote lol.

That's a good thing right.;)

BTW, Your welcome to use me as a point of contact to get orders to anyone up in this area. As you know my schedule is pretty flexible so it may be easier for me to meet you than it may be for some others.

edit: sorry I meant to click quote lol.

Thanks Rick!

I wouldn't mind passing a few different orders off to be pick up from you or something if there are several people that want to get some critters but don't want to make the drive down. Shipping is between $5-$10 up to Portland or down to Eugene and is for the most part overnight.

Byrd,

In my experience I havn't found anything that really eats it readily. I have seen a few different tang species that will munch on it from time to time and I am sure there are several inverts that will consume it aswell. Most of the fish that we have in our displays for the most part leave it alone. I have tried to get rid of the stuff by tossing a clump in the display(and believe me it is not short of fish or inverts lol) and I have had no luck with much consumption. I guess the statement is more general than specific.

Besides ebay, I have a new website I am working on. I had a simple on for mainly custom orders but have since shut it down. I also sell by appointment to locals or through word of mouth though my demographic seems to be growing as of late :)

Didn't mean anything by it just was curious, but I by a bag a month it seems, and that sucker is always at the "Pod House" munching and the emeralds right there as well.

here is a pic of the house empty (bottom right)-time to re-up;

P1080355.jpg

Good luck on growing the business-great to hear!

I love it. I really like the idea of having a pod house! I use to use something similar to feed my lizards only with crickets. I definatley can't disagree with you. Chaeto can and is cosumed but I feel it is probably one of the least likely macro algaes that we use for our reefs to be consumed readily. Definately a very good point.

Beautiful tank by the way!!!