Anyone good at wall mounting an LCD?

CA2OR

You should of asked me while I was there.... I am like a pro at it. Here some thing to think about...

1. Use a stud finder and find the studs around 42" that you want to place your LCD.... you can borrow stud finder from anyone here. I lost mine. Screws your LCD holder into the center of the studs. The more screws the better.

2. You can tear out the wall around 3X4 right at the input for the LCD and anther one one where you want to place your DVD, Blueray ect.

3. Run all your monster cable through the holes into the back of your LCD and DVD, blueray ect. Or you can buy the input boxes to cover the two holes that you cut out on the wall.

Sorry I can only do it but I am not explain well. Pershap if you call me on the phone I can guide you through it :-)

I have a wall mount I may consider trading for corals. I had my 50" Plasma on it for a few years but this place has a shelf over the fireplace that it sits on here. I've done a few of the wall mounts with Plasma TV's. I doubt an LCD would be much different. As Benny mentioned the real trick is to find the studs. If by chance you can't find them (I couldn't in my last place due to the materials the studs were made from) then you can take a small drill bit and go across the wall drilling small holes until you find them. If you make them small enough then they are pretty easy to cover up with a little paint and perhaps putty later.

We are seeking a mount that tilts. As well as someone to install it.

The one I have tilts up and down. I could "help" install it however I would not want to take on the responsibility of an actual installation in case something happened. Once it's hung I am sure it would be fine (Mine takes 2 people to lift and it held it for a few years) however lifting it up onto the mount can be a bit of a pain.

To install it you need a drill, a level, measuring tape, stud finder, socket and ratchet set. Do you already have these? If not I could bring whatever is needed.