Need advice for ATO

coralreefer

I have in my garage, a sink with RO-DI hooked up to it, which runs to a 50 gallon plastic reservoir barrel. Water from that I pump under house and up to my fish tank as topoff. That is on a timer. What I need is a system to shut off RO-DI when reservoir barrel gets full. If I forget to shut off faucet feeding RO-DI, my barrel overflows and garage gets real wet. I've tried 2 different ATO back pressure valves from BULKREEFSUPPLY and neither seemed to shut off...I watched their videos and made sure I was connecting correctly.

What I want is a solenoid on the line going from sink faucet to RO-DI, that is activated electrically. I don't understand what is supposed to trigger the solenoid to close and stop water flow...is there an electrical float valve out there that sends message to solenoid to close? Is there such a thing as electrical float valve?.

Strictly back pressure closure valves I have not been impressed with...help!!

DrMerle

This is the solenoid that I use to keep water from siphoning back from the kalk reactor. But you will need a relay to activate it

12 Volt DPDT Relay

Brand: Wenzjhou Zhinhong Item Number: RLY002

Price: $7.99

12 Volt Relay Socket

Brand: Wenzhou Jinhong Item Number: SOC001

Price: $4.99

http://www.aquahub.com/store/floatswitches.html

The solenoid I got from McMasterCarr #7877K3 http://www.mcmaster.com/#7877k3/=3nayb8 comes in 24vdc, 12vdc and 110vac

You can use a float switch (that is on low voltage +12, wall wart) to activate the relay, then it will energize (using 110v) the solenoid and open the valve (solenoids you can get "NO" or "NC" normally open or normally closed)

There is a diagram of the relay on the above link.

post-77-141867748431_thumb.jpg

post-77-141867748434_thumb.jpg