WTB external overflow box

grassi

overflow

I have two, they are clones of the cpr overflows, i cant really tell the difference between these and the cpr's. one is rated at 600gph the other 1200gph. The 600gph is new never used, the 1200 is used, both are Continuous Siphon and should be used with aqualifters. the 1200 has been damaged (the acrylic nipple on top was broken off), nothing jb weld cant fix i would imagine. still works though with silicone sealant. I would let the 600 gph model go for 30 bucks(less than i paid and its still new.) I would throw in the 1200 gph model in for another 20 bucks.

Alex (or is it Jamie this time), that CPR would be perfect. (Actually any of them would work) If I didn't decide to drill my 125g then I would have bought the CPR from Scott (Steelhead77) at the same time as I got my tank. (I almost took it anyway to resell it) I forgot all about it or I would have suggested it earlier since I knew Eric and Jason were going down there today (Yesterday now I guess).

Is the broken nipple the one to use for taking air out of the u-tube? If so and it was me I would seal it up anyway. (It's the only part of the CPR design I don't like because it adds the potential to loose the syphon if a leak develops there that otherwise wouldn't exist)

Rick, It's Alex this time :)

I think I will go for Scott's CPR. I'm gonna use the overflow on a 55 I want to setup as fish only on top of the 100g rubbermaid. I don't have the tank yet, so in case I will decide to drill I can always easily sell the crp I think.

I'm looking for a 55g because they are so common and cheap. It is not a good size for a reef, but I think it will work well for a FO.

Thanks to all of you guys