a lighting question

gopens

well i am running 2x250watt MH's. i am using the 20k bulb, which i do not like. its way to blue. i was thinking of going with 14k's. now i am also thinking of running 1 VHO in the very front of my tank for added color. if i do get the 14k mh bulbs, which vho bulb do you think would work for me being that the 14k mh has a bit of blue and white. or would i be wasting my money on a vho if i went with the 14k mh...

Guest Mbeef61

i agree...xm 15ks rock...i have XM 2x250 15k and a 175 15k over centerbrace...along with 2x110 vho...one bulb is superactinic and the other super10k both URI brand....if i had to choose one vho to run it would the the actinic...why cant you get another vho and then not have to decide....like me i could decide so i chose both

would that be the only buls i will need or would i still need the vho. i am going to do the fan project tomorrow...

On my 225 i run 15k xms only. I initially had it set up with vho's as well, had a problem with the VHO ballast and realized i liked the color better without them......15k's ride alone ; )

its all personal preference though

15K XM get them!!! What did you do with the light direction' date=' and fans. Get to work. :)[/quote']

well i just ordered these bulbs. hopefully they will have a good white-blue color. those 20ks were just way to blue. if anybody is interested in the 20ks's, please drop me a pm, and we can talk. there is only less than an hour on them..

On my 225 i run 15k xms only. I initially had it set up with vho's as well, had a problem with the VHO ballast and realized i liked the color better without them......15k's ride alone ; )

its all personal preference though

so what do you do in the mornings and evenings for light?..do you just turn on the spotlights?:D ....i agree you dont really need VHO's for added actinic boost if using 15-20k bulbs, but i use them for the first and last few hours of the day, when the MH's are off.....