refractometor/hydrometor

gopens

ok hear is my brick. I set my refractor up with a complete, Spectra Pure 5 stage rebuild, New everything. Set it after about 30 gal run through. Then took to store. against to other refratos, mine was 2 pts. off/ I'm going to get distilled water tomorrow, check, BUT NOT CHANGE the calibration. I want to see where the line is, trying both, will report back

maybe LFS was off?

My thoughts as well.

The water here is actually very good. My tapwater is 23ppm TDS. So we are talking .1 or .2 ppm or even smaller here. I don't think that absolute 0 is necessary in this case. It seems we are talking about absolute perfection here, and its just not needed IMO.

Ok. cleaned and wiped down refracto. tested with ro/di first. let it run 20 minutes first. It read a .0015 higher..... / then recleaned and used Distilled, read at -005. Will leave it where it is. When I originall set it up a few months ago. I used ro/ di then took to store to compair. So the difference is just under .002 different, Not a lot, but enough The same difference they found to. I will stick with Distilled.