making a 48"x22"x9" flag system!!!!!

CCCP

I’m making myself a frag system, I’m out of space in my main tank, i plan to move all my frags that I have in my main tank to my flag system that i will make right now. it's pretty simple all what u need is plaxy glass, I used the one made my plaskolite, they precut it for me, but if you want to save money and cut it yourself you can use a regular chisel saw I did it before worked ok not as effective as if they would precut it for because they have special blades and they smooth the corners for u but cgusek saw still worked ok, acrylic you can find in any hardware store or looked up in the phonebook for a dealer next to you. Also you’ll need tape measure, acrylic glue” Weldon 3, electric tape.

post-204-141867765259_thumb.jpg

post-204-141867765261_thumb.jpg

post-204-141867765263_thumb.jpg

post-204-141867765265_thumb.jpg

post-204-141867765267_thumb.jpg

dude i'm broke as F*ck, i'm building a house for myself, so all the money going there, what ever i can save tords my hobby i spend right away. My wife ready to shoot me. :( but if you want to work on constraction, you are more than welcome, but tell you one thing it's not us fun us it looks or sounds like, well besides the part that you work for yourself and you get anytime off you want and stuff like that there are allways rainy days and durty days, sometimes i wish to sit in the office, play with a keyboard :D

it was nice meeeting you too michael7979.

making a T5 8x54 retro kit

today i went to jasons store he hooked me up with some T5's that i am using with my frag system, i choused T5 because they are more energy eficiend plus they wont give away us much heat us metal halide. and they are as brite us halide. anyway i bought 8 fixtures from jason and hooked they up with conection cords, this set up total cost was 280$ they sell fixture like that on ebay for much much more, anyway pictures are below. zzzzz

post-204-141867734667_thumb.jpg

post-204-141867734669_thumb.jpg

post-204-141867734671_thumb.jpg

post-204-141867734673_thumb.jpg

post-204-141867734675_thumb.jpg

Looks good, what are you going to do for filtration? Hopefully independant right? I want to do a independant system soon but have still been pondering the filtration... or lack of any filtration and just do water changes weekly from the main display. The t-5's look good! I did 8-80 watt fixture, similar as yours with 5 11k and 3 blue plus (gueissmen bulb brand) and it has had excellent growth.

Barelycuda all you need is the t5 light and the rest of the stuff i got from home depot everything coasted me " except the lights' " 11 backs. oh and the reflector, the reflector i got from Jasons store, but that was way back when we won’t even open yet so i forgot how much that was Powdertang05 the light's are nice, it was sooo bright in the room that i went and got myself a tinting film to tint my front acrylic, well the reason i did that is because i have my main tank running during day time and the frag system during night time, i have a problem with my electric box, if i turn everything on at the same time , and my wife will turn like vacumer , or her hairdryer, my entire electricity goes out. SUX big time, so i had no choice like to split it in half so that my 2 400wmetal halides and 2 vho over my main tank work during day time and my 8x54 T5 work night time. so far this idea worked out not to bad. SUX TO LIVE IN THE TOWNHOMES stupid electrician.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...