too big of a bioload?

jason7504

right now i have an algae blenny, false perc and 2 talbot damsels..i was thinking about adding a small group of green chromis like 2-4...i have a 34g tank, would that be too big of a bioload even though the chromis stay pretty small?

and do you think there would be any fighting between the damsels and chromis?

Ask Eric what he has in his tank, then minus a few and that should be about right(laugh)(laugh)(laugh)

No, really though, he has a lot of fish but everything is happy and water quality is still good. He has a pretty full 36g.

He'll have to correct me if I list them wrong. I think he has:

small/med purple tang

Melinarus wrasse

3 clowns

teal chromis

Flame angel

and maybe more too....

I admit I have a large bioload, but if it helps answer your question I plan on adding a couple more fish, neon gobies but still. Well, and maybe a sand sifting goby....but I promise I will probably stop there.

The Chromie thing is totally true. When I had that Velvet or ich attack in my tank, the only fish to make it was my chromie, I have had that fish longer than ANY other fish in my tank. I had 2, one died during that ich problem and here I sit.

Well according to my fish/water ratio in the clownhouse you should be able to add about 338 more fish to your tank :). Just kidding. It doesn't seem like that many fish to me. IMO it is a crap shoot whether or not the damsels will/will not pick on the chromis or not.

Dave

This is the guy I need to talk to...(clap) So based on your math, how many can I put in a 200g tank? I need to know how much money I need to be saving up...:p

I think I have about half as many fish as Eric does so I figure I'm at my maximum.:D

(laugh)(laugh)(laugh)thats funny... and true!(laugh)(laugh)(laugh)

I only have 4 in my 75g, the largest of which is a 2.5" kole tang. I run low on fish at all times it seems. that is gonna change though....