Potassium 417

Magnesium 115400

Manganese 43

Molybdenum 6

Strontium 63

Vanadium 7

Zinc 23

listed is PPM.

This is an aquarium product, and my thought is adding it in addition to normal reactor media to help buffer magnesium content (as many including myself battle magnesium levels).

Anyone have any thoughts? seems like a great solution to me, my only worries are there is no phosphates listed in the above numbers, and I also dont know how the product will desolve, or how high it may take the magnesium. it would be awful difficult to take this back out of the reactor.

I think I may try it in a nylon bag inside the reactor, so if it has bad results, Ill remove it easily.

Thoughts?

Im not worried about phos now, after speaking with them.

now its just a matter if my mag will be at like 2400ppm tomorrow :)

it was actually at 1350 today (not low at all) but I have been dosing every day trying to keep up with the clam. If it holds steady for a week that will be sweet news.

Thats interesting. This is just by putting it in a filter bag in one of the tanks? I'd think a reactor would make it much more effecient. I'm interested to see the results after a week or so.

no its in a micron bag inside the reactor. Alk was beautiful too (see TRT post).

Off today, Ill check it Tuesday and see what the numbers are.

miles i went over to TRT an copied the text for ya....

First, that is not Magnesium Calcite sand, it is Dolomite, which is a magnesium calcium carbonate. Matter of fact, what you have is Dolomitic Limestone sand. And yes there is a big difference

Yah, they list no phosphates by that does not mean there isn't any

Its disolution is much less that Aragonite or Calcite. Meaning, it needs a lower pH but that is good not bad. However, it will work fine in a reactor for Mg++ sup but you should not add any more than a teaspoon as a starter. There are 2 reasons for this. First it is CaMg(CO3)2 and not CaCO3 ( Calcite or Aragonite) or Ca-MgCO3 ( Mg Calcite). You see that *2 next to CO3 of the Ca, Mg(CO3)2 ? This means that per "unit" additon it will add twice as much Alk as Aragonite or Calcite per "unit" additon.. Second, you do not want to over run the Mg++ to much. Meaning, if you used just this in a reactor buy itself, your Mg++ and Alk will go through the roof.

• 3 years later...