My First Reef Tank

JonBoy

Been a member for a couple weeks and realized i never posted any of my stuff. I have a 110 gal tank with a 20 gal sump.

Dual overflow running through a sock filter

GX 4100 Pump

Running the same skimmer as Jason at Coral Reef (Cant remember the brand)

3 250W MH 2x20K"s and 1x10K

2 VHO'S

3 T5'S

Yellowtail blue damsel

Lawnmower Blenny

Sailfin Tang

Leapord Wrasse

Maroon Clownfish

Bubble Coral, Hammer, Frogspawn, Galaxea, Birdsnest, Candycane, Blasto.

Lots of different corals and if anyone wants Kenya trees come and get them I have way too many

What? 3 months and you have that much coraline inside the tank? What are you dosing? What other equipments are you using in you sump? Very nice tank' date=' I am having problem with getting coraline so I ask so much ;-)[/quote']

If you want coraline growth to be accelerated get some purple up. I stopped using it but when I was the coraline was freaking everywhere even with 4 urchins trying to eat it as fast as it grew. Where my anemone is the rock is still solid purple because the urchins could never get behind him.

i got all my corals from a 3reefer in sunriver off craigslist around 2 months ago and everything just started taking off grows like weeds must have steroids in my well water or something ordered a RO unit so im curious to see if it changes anything. I didnt run the hallides until i got the corals either and within a month or so i had the coraline growing on the glass.

Yup I tried it' date=' John Manrow gave me a bottle doesn't work. Issac gave me couple rock with coraline so I can seed my tank still doesn't work.[/quote']

when my tank was new I took a razor blade and scraped the coraline off of the rocks that had it, in a high current area. When you scrape it makes a coraline powder that seeds the tank very well. Within a few months of doing this once in awhile I had coraline everywhere.

• 10 months later...