One of my better pictures

Jay

Heres a couple fish I caught today. I had my mother hold them for the camera as she takes much better pictures then I. I got these in about an hour and a half. They are not that big but tasty on the bb-q. I got 16 steaks from these 2 fish. Thats 8 nights of steelhead for dinner for us. Im going in the morning and will let you know how I did.

Jay

attachment.php?attachmentid=5546&stc=1&d=1250046666

post-199-141867747671_thumb.jpg

nice fish. I love drifing the clackamas after work and catching stealhead

Yesterday I fished a new beach for me. There were about 25 rods in the water fishing. I walked up and caught these 2 steelhead in about an hours time. After the second fish I was packing up my stuff to take to the car when 4 guys came to see what I was useing. They were inspecting my spinglow and bead comnination when one of them noticed some of my used up shrimp on the ground ( I die my own shrimp with a combination of added scents...the steelhead just swallow em ) he asked me where I bought my shrimp and I said I make up my own. When I left one of the guys was picking up my used up discarded baits saying Im gonna use these. That was kind of funny. If they had asked I would have left them my bait I had left to split but one of them was completly intoxicated and rather boligerent so I did not offer. Its kind of fun being the one who gets the fish. If the fish are gonna bite I usually am one of the ones who catches. Ive got these fish dialed in pretty tight with the right spinglow and bead color. I just switch often if they are not biteing and over the season develop a winning combination. Some say color doesnt matter with steelhead and spinglows..WRONG again buckwheat.

Jay