Aiptasia sting on people?

ringwurm

The inside of the arm is one of the most sensitve spots, if you're going to feel something you'll feel it there. I'll never forget the time an atlantic jellyfish washed over my inner bicep when I was body surfing as a kid. Felt like a blowtorch.

Well I'm still alive. I ended up smashing the aiptasia into my arm for several seconds while I will cleaning out part of the sump. I didn't notice until I took my arm out and it started tingling/stinging. I have this little red mark that almost looks like a burn the inside of my arm now. It still tingles this morning.

I called poison control last night just to make sure (gotta love anxiety issues) and the funny thing was it was her 2nd call of the evening for anenome stings. lol She said it should be ok and to wash the area in as hot of water as you can stand for 30-60 min. The hot water is suppose to help get the toxins out.

It probably hurt more if you had any scratches on your arm. I doubt it could penetrate your skin, but if you had scratched up your arm even a little on your sumps edge it can hurt like hell.

I wear glvoes all the time now (for unrelated issues) but I sure knew where all my nicks and cuts where when I picked up an RBTA or Euphillia coral.

I heard elegance coral has a sting strong enough kill aiptasia, too bad we cant keep elegance alive.

She said it should be ok and to wash the area in as hot of water as you can stand for 30-60 min. The hot water is suppose to help get the toxins out.

Thats what you do for other stings too,,, like lionfish, etc. I think most of the toxins in the ocean cant handle heat so they are quickly broken down under the hot water.