Looking for a PFO dual 400w ballast

prada

honestly, I'm starting to think that my dual 400's are overkill on my 150. I was frying corals for a while up top so I stuck a piece of glass just under the bulbs and reflectors(not all the way across) and it seems to have helped a lot but I would be careful. I would go with some killer reflectors and some nice bulbs but that's just me.

I'm running dual 400's with 4 VHO's also on my 75g and it is a little overkill but most of the corals like it a lot. The only things that really don't like it are my chalices. I have to find shadows for them. My SPS is loving life though so I guess it depends on what you want to house. My lights sit really close to the water too so it would be less intence further from the water. If I had it to do over I would go 400's again for sure. most of my softies have aclimated to it well also

I'm much happier with 400w over my 85 Gallon (24" deep). In 3 weeks I've seen most of the corals perk up and I only run them about half the time. A few of the corals were not happy at first but most of them are recuperating with even better color than before.