Sour Apple Birds nest

Jay

Rick called it sour apple so I will stick with that. Its has green tips and grows really pretty fast once it gets going. I will cut you a nice piece. I have several that have 2 branches that can be fragged. Its the coral on the right in the first picture

$15 each

attachment.php?attachmentid=5279&stc=1&d=1248193605

I have a nice big as your hand piece of this fast growing monti cap Sold the Cap today

attachment.php?attachmentid=5280&stc=1&d=1248193849

Im in Vancouver but if you are in portland and dont want to come this far I can meet you at janzsen beach mall area.

post-199-141867777457_thumb.jpg

post-199-141867777461_thumb.jpg

I asked one of the LFS over the weekend what it was, maybe both (SWF and Bob over at Davy Jones Locker) and that is what they called it. Sounded good to me and fits pretty well with it. If this one does well over the next week or so I may see if you still have any left to get a second one.

How are those mushrooms doing? The plug I cut them from has 5 or 6 more starting to grow on it already. Kind of surprised me because I only cut the 2 from it.

If anyone is on the fence about getting some of these from Jay I can attest that both are really nice. He has one of the most impressive Monti Caps I've seen.

I want some.....those pic's look more like a brittle star then anything. Crazy

lol... That is a brittle star actually, hunting too. Mine used to sit like that all the time waiting to pick a fish of at any moment. The birdsnest looks like it is over to the right in the first pick...

Man I would love to get some of this!!?? I am in Eugene, I can have it same day shipped? I would love a large piece though. How much for a large piece?

Clay

I really dont have a really large piece to ship. See the picture that Rick posted....I cut that for him and it would be no bigger then that. I prefer not to ship.....especially for just one coral. Its not like its a surer rare coral although I do like its growth pattern and color. I can save it for you for if you get up this way. I only think it will grow bigger. I am going to frag myself another piece and start another colony near the current one.

Jay

I want some.....those pic's look more like a brittle star then anything. Crazy

Ok...I know you have lots of sps corals to trade. I see you wheelin & deelin all the time. Lets trade some stuff?? I need more variety of sps in my tank. I cant afford to buy anything anymore for my tank. Between my 3 hobbies and bills it keeps me pretty strapped.

Let me know if you are intrested in anything I may have.

Jay

I am interested in this BN you have posted. I don't have as much SPS as you may think, mostly zoanthids. I have an ORA orange Monti cap, couple different BN''s, a stag, a common brick color monti, and I think that is it for the SPS.

You want to trade those for another frag? Im good with that.

Jay

Yep, I'll put the second one on the other side of the tank, I'll call tomorrow to see when you will be around.

Rick, is the candy cane on the upper right the same as the rest?

Both of the ones on the right are different. The top ones are a bright radioactive green and the ones below them are more of a solid teal color. The radioactive green ones are so bright it is hard to get a picture of them. (They are the only thing I have that glows with just normal room lights)

Yep, I'll put the second one on the other side of the tank, I'll call tomorrow to see when you will be around.

Both of the ones on the right are different. The top ones are a bright radioactive green and the ones below them are more of a solid teal color. The radioactive green ones are so bright it is hard to get a picture of them. (They are the only thing I have that glows with just normal room lights)

I should be around after 1 or 2 call me to be sure.

Jay