Jen's 40g AIO

theJenchild

I got my new tank!! Yay!

Picked up my new 40g acrylic AIO tank yesterday and got it all set up. The tank came with the stand, tank, canopy, 150w HQI and 2 VHOs, LR and sand. All of the rock looks really nice, and the corals that it came with are starting to perk up a little.

I added water, powered it up, and left the lights on all night so that the corals could have some TLC time after the shock of a move. So far everything looks good. I figure that I'll have a minor diatom bloom since all of the water is new, but all of the rock and sand was well established....so I'm not too worried there. Here are a couple rotten pics to get an idea of the tank.

post-3138-141867777088_thumb.jpg

post-3138-14186777709_thumb.jpg

post-3138-141867777092_thumb.jpg

post-3138-141867777094_thumb.jpg

I would leave the light off to give the corals some tlc after a move.

Alrighty, I can do that. I just figured that the extra light would help them. The previous owner didn't have the light on very often because her husband didn't like the tank....so they were kinda sad. They've been starting to open up over the last 24 hours since I set it up. I'll turn the lights off now though. Thanks!

All in one' date=' the sump is in the back of the tank.[/quote']

what he said. Its not exactly what I was expecting when I went to get the tank, but I'm kinda thrilled about it. Its sort of idiot proof. If the display over flows, it just drains into the back of the tank. If the back of the tank over flows.....its drains into the display. All of this without water on my floor!

i've always liked the sump on back styles on smaller tanks' date=' i had only seen it on solana tanks before, but glad you enjoy it. can you hook up an ATO on it?[/quote']

I don't know if an ATO is possible, but I'll have to see about that. I'm pretty bad about remembering to add RO, so its kinda essential to my tank's survival to have an ATO.

Thanks medred! I took Scott's talk to heart and didn't want to do a rock wall! your little horse shoe scape was an inspiration too. Its hard to tell in the photo, but the rocks on the left are arranged in a sort of horse shoe shape, although not as defined as your's.

alrighty, so ATO is going to be essential, WOW I lose alot of water to evaporation. Way more than in my open top cube. Perhaps its because these lights are alot hotter.....

Added a coral beauty to the tank, his name is Paulie Bleeker. Shy little bugger, but getting better. He has started eating some mysis, but I think I'll try some brine and see if he gets a little more excited about coming out.

And......the diatoms have begun.....boo!