Bubble beachballs

Saltfinsax

I thought I would just show what I have been trying to do with my Bubblecoral that went bad. It wasent in good condition when I bought the guy and found that my water got low on Alk. So it started to fall apart and I had three little bubblecorals blowing around in my tank like beachballs. After fighting with trying to keep them in a low curent spot in my DT for a month, with no success and frag tank not ready, I had to do something else.

So I thought, ok I have to cage them up if there ever going to have a chance to stick to something. So I build some cages with hopes of keeping them from moving from curent and worst critters. I glued some cutup fake brick faceing stuff in the shape of little bowls in hopping that they would stick to the bottem tile for glueing back in my DT.

The pic's show 2 left that are doing well. I did have a couple problems with snails getting under the eggcrate and dislogging them and haveing to start over. I am not sure yet if there have a way to stick to the tile with kinda sort of a foot or they just start to make a coral base that just weights them down.

post-5849-141867777042_thumb.jpg

post-5849-141867777045_thumb.jpg

Well last night when I was doing a water change, the water blew down on him when it got low and blew him out again. The good thing is that when I went to get him with waving my hand in the water to blow him off the bottem to grab him, he was weighted at the bottom alot now.

So guess he will never realy stick to the tile for say as I think he is just growing hard base. I guess if it get a calcified base on him I will just glue that down. I will have to try and turn him over and get a pic.

• 3 months later...

Well looks like it has worked. Pics show the cage's close up, then me rolling one out and then the bottom. I was surprised on how much of a base they have got in 3 months time. Went from about about 3/8 to 1 1/4 in that time and there is alot of weight on them now. So time to put one back in the DT and one left over.

Picture199.jpg[/img]

Picture201.jpg[/img]

Picture202.jpg[/img]

Picture204.jpg[/img]