WTB: equipment for a 65g project - first medium tank

grassi

With my wife have been running 2 nano tanks (10 and 14 gallons) for a while and it's time to upgrade.. So we bought a 65g with sump here on the local forum classifields. We did re-design some aspects of the setup, so we need some equipment and some advice too :-)

What we need so far:

- a metal halide + t5 actinics pendant. (can be a single long piece) MH should be 2x250w.

- a good skimmer for the biomass we are gonna run (about 80 gallons well populated with fish and corals). If I dont find a good one I was thinking to buy the new Bubble-Magus little model. I've read good things about it.

- a calcium reactor, no clue about model/performance

- heaters

- plumbing: if you bought more than needed for your previous project, this is the time to get rid of it and make some space :-) Both pvc and flexible tubing (1, 3/4), elbows, tees, valves and so on. - SCWD 3/4

- any other tool/material you think I may need and you can sell (or "rent" for a beer). As I said my experience with medium-size setups is zero. It’s also my first sump, first external pumps, first closed-loop, first plumbing!

I know it looks like a wish list to Santa, and christhmas is far away, but we figured it’s worth a shot :-) We are gonna leave tomorrow afternoon for 4th July and be back sunday afternoon, so you have time to dig ;-)