We got robbed

Cherryl

(flame)Yesterday I came back home from Portland & Hillsboro pulled into my driveway hit the remote, got out of my car heard a door slam inside the house looked over at our two front doors (one to mud/laundry room the other to entry) and noticed I could see through!!! Now I have several loaded guns in the house so I got quickly back into my car backed out of driveway onto road and called 911. After sheriffs got there (15+minutes later) and "cleared" the house I was allowed to go back in to see the damage......let's just say you could have picked me up with a feather (now those that know me know that usually it takes a forklift..lol).

After notifying as many of our 6 kids as we could one of my sons called the news they came out today..should be on channel 12 fox news at 10. Our insurance will only cover 2500.00 of jewelry and the ring that was made from my mother's engagment ring when my brother was killed almost takes that up..I lost four generations of jewelry from both sides and everything else they/he could haul away in our hamper,two suitcases and two laundry baskets form our bedroom.The lowlifes took everything money,jewelry,guns, cellphoness,camera,game consoles, lock boxes, remotes , papers(ss,birth,citizenship,passports,pink slips to cars) Hummel 3d prints all of our copys of keys for house cars etc., made the room look like a tornado hit. Locksmith got done about 10pm with rekeying our house, I now have a 2x6 nailed across door they busted in.

Don't keep all your most prized items in your master bedroom apparently according to police/insurance agencys that is the first place they go now.

Was also told they search women's drawers more than men's because women tend to hide valuables in them-my drawers were completed gone through but my husband's barely touched.

Cherryl that really, really sucks. I hope they catch the SOB's and you get your stuff back. I have had my cars broke into twice. They always go for the radios and crap in the glove compartment. Keep an eye on your local pawn shops. A lot of time they will try to pawn off the stolen items.

Shane

I am so sorry. I cant imagine being violated like that. If it helps you any (I know it doesn't) I took my POST test today for the police department, and I did exceptionally well. I plan to be the best cop out there.

Since the worst has already happened, we should learn from this. Did you have the door locked? How was it locked? Any tips from the officers besides the one you mentioned?

Again, really sorry.

Are they going to "Print" the house. Or is that just on CSI. Neighbors see or hear anything? Really sorry to hear it. Having guns is good but you need one ON YOU. They where out of there in seconds from when they heard you.

Did you have the door locked? How was it locked? Any tips from the officers besides the one you mentioned?

Door was locked regular key. Take photos/videos make sure you have as much of your belongings documented as possible.Engrave items

Are they going to "Print" the house. Or is that just on CSI. Neighbors see or hear anything? Really sorry to hear it. Having guns is good but you need one ON YOU. They where out of there in seconds from when they heard you.

they printed a few things now have black spots on carpets needs to be professionaly cleaned now..Yes CSI is not real life.

I have a CW permit wasn't carrying due to where I was going. How long before you got home ?where you stuck in traffic? I went home 219 for the first time and crossed over to 5 from Keizer.Wonder if I was later what would have been missing...oh well...alarm system goes in Saturday

glad to hear you have a CW permit and are not affraid to carry. So many people in the PDX metro against guns are just making crime rates go even higher. Little do they know.

Look at Austrailia and England. Since the gun bans crime rates have been throught the roof. Dont let this happen to our country. We need our guns for things just like what Cherryl experienced, and worse.

WAW, ya sorry to hear! Sad thing is dosnt matter how well you lock up if they want in they get in! Best thing to do is alarm, but also since it takes 15 min for responce, safty deposit box for that priceless jewals and a hida safe for the important papers and spair keys.

Wow that is nutts...Sorry to hear about what happend. Where abouts in Jefferson are you? I am wondering how far away you are from me?

Lance

Jefferson Marion road

Found article read: http://www.kptv.com/fox12smostwanted/19788729/detail.html

Sheriff's deputies are considering whether burglaries in Stayton, Scio and Tangent are connected. Thad Weakley, who lives in Stayton, said he'll be more vigilant after a burglar broke into his home Tuesday.

"I was really angry and I feel like the house has been violated," Weakley said. "You know, people who were here shouldn't have been here doing things they shouldn't have been doing."

Weakley said the burglar entered through a back window of the home. He said he came home to find one of the screens on the back window removed

After sliding open the window, the thieves ransacked his home and stole several items.

"They tore all drawers out, the bed was flipped," Weakley said. "They missed things like a laptop computer sitting right in the living room."

The burglary was one of about six reports in northern Linn County over the course of a few days.