Tide Pools, list'em up!

Nyles

We were at the beach today and did some 'tidepooling' at a place called Bobs Creek Wayside. Pretty cool spot!! This might be what you are thinking of Jay.

Got there as tide was coming back in and only got a short amount of time to look around. Going to plan an overnight trip soon so I can be there for low tide and hit a few places to go 'pooling'.

check out a place north of florence right before u get to the sea lion caves i believe. Called Devils elbow state park. its where the lighthouse is at in florence. theres a river flows into the water near the parking area and at low tide you can cross over it and see some interesting caves and some tidepools beyond that. On the other side of the parking area is a trail leading up to the light house and a place where the rock has indented into the shore in the shape of a giant "V" and the waves go into the V and crash up into the air. I believe this is called Devils Churn. If you get close to it you get wet and if you get too close theres a chance of being sucked into the wash. just be careful and use common sense. Its been a few years since I have been here but It used to be one of my favorite spots.