How many????

sknoch78

Or should I say.......how much is too much?

I am just curious on peoples stocking habits. I would be interested to know how many different species you have in your tank and what your tank size is. I would also be interested to know how you have stocked your tank as in did you mainly go out and by colonies or has it been one frag at a time?

The reason I ask is that I have become quite the fragoholic. I have been running a 30g frag tank for several months in preparation for the 240 and I have amassed quite a collection of frags. I think last count, I had three small colonies and about 25 small frags. Not to mention a rose bta and 2 or 3 lps. Fortunately the big tank is about ready to start stocking.

Shawn

I have done the same thing in my 240. I have a mixed reef. Here are some of my inhabitants

Softies

14" across Toadstool

12" across Colt

12" rock covered with Xenia

12" rock covered with GSP

small Kenya Tree

LPS

2 giant frogspawns (about 10" across each )

1 giant hammer ( about 10" across )

candy cane about 15 heads

SPS

Grapefruit sized Birds nest

Baseball sized Stylophora

Idaho Grape about 6" in diameter

Red Monti Cap about 6" in diameter

green/purple rim cap about 6" in diameter

Grapefruit sized Pink Milli

Baseball sized German Blue Monti

About 20 small frags assorted

I have been systematically trading off the frags that I don't want and am trying to stock my tank with pieces that I can't live without. Believe it or not I still have a bunch of room in the 240, plus I have a frag area in my fuge. I am mostly growing things out and collecting pieces instead of buying everything that I "like".

Jay