THE OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL PORTLAND TRAILBLAZERS 2008-09 THREAD

R-3

I think everyone is going to blow up in this game. We'll simply need to. It is a good thing for every player to do good tonight.

Key things I'd like to see:

Brandon going in for the hoop while drawing fouls/Jump shots when clear

Aldridge going in for the hoop while drawing fouls/Jump shots when clear

Fernandez sticking to the 3 point perimeter/Being assisted by Rodriguez

Blake making sure that ball gets moved around/Making good assists

Outlaw NOT ATTEMPTING ANY MOVING JUMP SHOTS!!!/Blocking and guarding

Przybilla being a bit more defensive than the last game/Throw off Yao's game

Oden making sure to be under the hoop for dunks/Throw off Yao's game

Rodriguez assisting Fernandez/Taking key shots he knows he'll make

Channing, I'd like to see him shoot some baskets when open

Bayless GOING FOR THE HOOP/Drawing fouls

They need to pass, pass, pass! What did I see last game, a lack of passing. They need to shut down Yao early even if it means getting aggressive to get into his head. DO NOT LET AARON GO TO THE HOOP! Lastly, watch out for Artest's well known cheap shots.

Ricky Soutas Jr.

-Soutas Saltwater & Reef Inc.-

Game 1 was really dissapointing. We have season tickets and for the first time in years Im happy to say im a blazer fan.

I was at saturdays game and the rose garden was a great place to be until the second quarter. The energy before the game and up until it started getting ugly was the most amazing sporting experience I have ever been to.

Sadly the Blazers got bad calls and got knocked back on their heels and never recovered. Shell shocked to say the least. Hoping tonights game will be better. The wifes there now. Hope she gets a better show then I got.

Go Blazers!!!!

YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!! WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)

Wow, Roy, did you see his points? 42 or so.(laugh) I just wish more people would have gotten shots in. What was up with them not passing to a wide open Fernandez either? He was CLEAR in 3 point territory many, many times! Refs were still awful, but way better tonight. Tonights crowd was STRONG!

Game 5 here we come

Yeah, its going to be awesome! ;)

Ricky Soutas Jr.

Still need someone to stop Aaron Brooks.

No kidding, when that guy is open he can hit the threes left and right. They should have known by now that letting him run down to the end of the court wide open would play against them, especially during a close finish. DOH!

Am I the only one who thought that the Blazers did a better job of defending, but lacked the offensive edge last night? :(

I say they win game 4 for sure though.(whistle)

Ricky Soutas Jr.

That's basically the perfect analysis. Aldridge needs to step the heck up, so does Outlaw.

How about this................

The team as a whole needs to stop getting down by 8-10 points at the end of the 1st quarter. Think about it..... if they ended the 1st quarter even or at most down by 4. They almost always outscore the other team in the final 3 quarters!!

So no more slow starts!!

I think they grew expediently this year. Pretty proud of them as a team. The only way they could let me down is if they don't leave it all on the court tonight. I wanna see them foaming at the mouth biting scratching and clawing the whole way. If they go down they better go down fighting.

I think they grew expediently this year. Pretty proud of them as a team. The only way they could let me down is if they don't leave it all on the court tonight. I wanna see them foaming at the mouth biting scratching and clawing the whole way. If they go down they better go down fighting.

Agreed 100%!

I agree with you whole heatedly Sir.

GO BLAZERS!(clap)

Ricky Soutas Jr.