Fall Frag-Fest "Eugene"

downhill_biker

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to clearify, that the Frag-Fest isn't this Saturday, its Saturday the 13th. I know some people were confused on the matter.

I think since we were set on the acan before we should go with this one too. It is probably the nicest specimen of the ones in the Eugene fish stores, and a good price too. We just need to get some confirmation from people on whether or not they are in on the coral. Please do this ASAP, we only have a few days to get this coral.

Just checking in on the price: is it still $10 per head since we might get the coral at a good price?

If yes, I'd like to go for 2 heads, if possible. Sorry for sounding like such a miser, but times are tough around here currently. Husband has had a lot of medical expenses lately.

please siskiou dont feel like you aren't contributing. this is for you. and if you dont want to buy any, dont, if you can only afford 2 heads, that is what you will get. we are not judging. if we are judging...everyone that has met you knows you are a great person.

and FYI we are going to set the "guesstimation" rate at $10 a head for before the party. once we purchase the coral and get everyone to the party, we will take the $30 from some, and $20 from others, and $x from me, and whatever it divides into the $215-240 price, we will give corals accordingly. i know that is mumble-jumble, but basically, you may end up with 3 heads for $20, 4 for $30, we will have to see....we will be very fair about this, but need to set the bar a little high at first to accommodate the initial purchase.

Lets not worry about paypal. I tried them before for selling and it didn't work out. I use them all the time for buying though. I will just make the initial purchase and we can divi it up later. maybe if there is a lone polyp that is left after the dividing, i could take that for the efforts....now i'm scheming...(plotting)

now that i have taken a second count on the pic, looks like there are somewhere around 50 heads, so it will most likely be $5 a head.(clap)

OK' date=' I'm in. I'll throw my $30 into the pot. Just a thought here, and not being an acan enthusiast, I'm not sure, but is this acan a little bleached?[/quote']

acans can have so many different colorations from the same colony. this is due mostly due to lighting. yes, they may be bleached, they may not be, we will have to wait and see. if you look in the LPS section you will see how much coralreefaquarist's acan has changed colors. there is more information in that thread about what causes the color changing.