TFT #2 ????

dsoz

TFT #1 is doing well, and as the summer winds down I am getting ready to take it back to school.

It is time to start thinking about TFT #2. I have been collecting items all summer long, and have enough to supply a second tank if that is the direction that the group wants to go.

Here is what I have:

Enough sand (live and dry) for probably 2-3 tanks (depending on how deep the sand is).

3-4 medium pieces of LR, enough for one more tank.

20-30 pieces of DIY rock curing in water that is changed 3-4 times a week. Enough for 10+ tanks. But it won't be ready until October or November.

Lots and lots of tiny hermit crabs. and many snails. I could probably part them out into 2 or more tanks. (thanks to H2Ocooled)

Several different coral frags. GSP, zoanthids, finger leather, xenia (3 types now), and others. I am planning on adding a frogspawn from my home tank to my classroom tank, but don't have enough to supply another tank. (thanks to Spectra, Reef-fisher, and others)

I could put a pajama cardinal into a tank (I got four, but can only find three, from H2Ocooled tank breakdown). I plan on putting one in my TFT tank.

Dave said he is willing to keep supplying clowns (even though I don't treat them very well, and am down to only one).

Thank you for helping to support me in my classroom.

dsoz

It is not for me. I am just working as a transfer point for the next teacher. I know of at least two other teachers that want to have a classroom tank (AquaEd is one of them). If the club is going to continue to do this, and they continue to get the AquaPods for the teachers, then they are pretty ready to go. All they really need is a heater, maybe another powerhead, salt and RO/DI water.

Like I said, I have sand, rock, CUC, and frags that are ready to go. Dave is giving clowns. All we need is another AP24, and a classroom to put it in.

dsoz

I know of at least two other teachers that want to have a classroom tank (AquaEd is one of them).

dsoz

Tis' true! I'm moving in to my first classroom soon and would like to get a tank up and going at some point. I may have a tank already, but no equipment. I'd be much obliged for any help the club provides!

Thanks Joel. I know Brandy is trying to put in the application for the TFT program. I will also save it to file so that anyone interested can request it. I will send it via email so make sure that is included in the request.

UPDATE: After last board meeting, we are pushing on to find the next tank!

Kris