Some expeirence with sand shifting gobies, help?

reefgeek84

Ok, so I oicked up a diamond goby from Joel, and he is healthy bit is not shifting through the sand (wife) (wife) , he is just building a burrow under a rock and just hanging out in there and a serpant star in there (which worries me slightly)...But my quesiton is has anyone else had a sand shifting goby, not shift sand after being introduced into a new tank. I mean he has only been in there a couple of days, and I am thinking maybe he is just making a home...but its almost like he is a shrimp goby...So has anyone else expeirenced this?

The one I just got from fantaseas did the same thing you are referring to. About 2-3 days of getting comfortable & then he went to town. The tank has never looked better.

Cuda

Ok, I hope so...he has moved homes in the tank so hopefully he will come out...he is starting to venture out a little at a time...so we will see.

• 2 weeks later...
cleanin sand yet?

Yup... he is still very skidish...when I come to the tank he retreats to his many holes he has uncovered on the bottom of the rocks (good thing the one piece is digs under is one whole peice, so nothing falls over)...but the sand is getting clean, really well. Down side he is a bully to the jawfish, so the Jawfish has to keep moving, poor guy he just wants a small piece of real estate...no damage to him and is still eating so hopefully they will figure things out.