Wanted: Stomellas and/or Strombus

JeffP

Anyone have an abundance of Stomella snails that they wouldn't mind diluting? I know I have at least one in my tank, maybe two...but would love another half-dozen or so to encourage breeding. Also if anyone else has some strombus snails from IPSF in their tank, I'd love to get some more of those to breed more of. My plan is to put a couple in the fuge and let them breed, then return the favor of passing these little workhorses around. I've seen the egg pods on my powerheads, but because they are so small when they are hatched, I have no clue how many make it.

I'm in Hillsboro; work in Tigard. So anything basically on the west side of the river would work for me :)

I have 6 or so stomatella that I could spare, but I am in Oregon City. If you make the drive over here, you can get some. They are best harvested in the evening, after lights out. I could turn the lights off early to get them to come out if I know that you are coming.

If you have excess of something, we could make an exchange. But I would give them away if you are low on stock.

dsoz

Hmm, I don't have an excess of much really. Ummm, blue mushrooms? Some zoas/mushrooms on part of an oyster shell? :)

If anyone else closer has them, that might be easier - but if no one else says anything in a week or so lets work something out :)

Is this what you are looking for? If so what part of town are you in? I have been pulling them out of my sump like weeds and putting them into the main tank and my sons tank. Everytime I clean my filter sock there is at least a dozen in there. Let me know and if you are on my way somewhere this weekend can give you a dozen or so.

post-523-14186773831_thumb.jpg

Is this what you are looking for? If so what part of town are you in? I have been pulling them out of my sump like weeds and putting them into the main tank and my sons tank. Everytime I clean my filter sock there is at least a dozen in there. Let me know and if you are on my way somewhere this weekend can give you a dozen or so.

Sure looks like them - kind of like a slug with a fingernail looking shell on the back right? Wow, you must have tons if they make their way into your filter sock!

I'm in Hillsboro.