Bubble algae

jonas503

• 2 weeks later...
So I am wanting to break down my 20gal nano and put some of the rock with mushrooms in my big tank. But some of the rock has bubble algae. How can I get rid of the bubble algae without getting it into my big tank?

If you’re pulling the bubble algae off the rock make sure you don’t pop any bubble as you will release spores. If you end up with BA left on the rock then try emerald crabs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, wantanewtank said:

make sure you don’t pop any bubble as you will release spores.

This is in fact a common theory on Bubble Algae, but still questionable. What I have done in the past with Rocks that I want to completely remove the crap off of is get a CREE Led flashlight while removing, bubble algae shines in the light helping you find it all. Carefully remove with an exacto knife as @wantanewtank mentioned "Carefully", skin might be left over after the bubbles have been pulled be sure to scrape that off. Then you can  dip the rock in a 5 Gallon bucket of either 25% mix of Hydrogen Peroxide for about 15 minutes (Make sure no introverts or anemones) Then proceed to move it over. There is no guarantee you will rid yourself of it permanently as bubble algae is the devil, but if your patient and thorough you won't have much to worry about.

• Like 2