Aquatop uv serilizer

talkalot82

So I have multiple tanks ranging in multiple sizes. All reef at home. And I work for a aquarium bussiness. I know lucky huh... Anyway I get to try all  sorts of new products. Non of these do I make mind you. And we aren't a store. I run the office. 

This is a new one for me. Aquatop uv sterilizer built into a hang on filter with surface drain. for up to 40 gallons. It's a 7w bulb. Anyway I ordered it for hubby recently set up cycling tank. 

Got to say day two now. It's working beautifully. Within minutes the surface had no debris on it. Great water flow. Quiet. Unlike the AquaClear I didn't have to hook up an adapter for surface drain already had one built in.

Since it's cycling it's really hard to tell if it's killing algae but I have noticed that there has been a slow down,  but that might just be because it's dying back as its cycling.  it doesn't seem to heat up that 20 gallon which is something I worry about with that UV sterilizer it's heating up the small tank.

But as of now I am liking it.

Has anyone tried aquatop uv sterilizer?

I myself like sumps with nothing in my tank or hanging on it. But my husband prefers them. So I normally run in lines. Never tried aquatop before. But for the price I thought why not. 

I always have been iffy on non main expesive brands. But anyone else try aquatop? Opinions?

20171120_233655.jpg

20171120_233703.jpg