Rust proof paint

rentalcoot

There is no paint that is rust proof...............Powder coat rusts if given the time. The only totally rust proof stuff is galvanizing and even that will rust over time........

I deal with metal and well in this hobby its going to rust :laugh:

There is no paint that is rust proof...............Powder coat rusts if given the time. The only totally rust proof stuff is galvanizing and even that will rust over time........

I deal with metal and well in this hobby its going to rust [emoji23]

Why didnt I think of asking you. I know everyrhing rusts haha. I just mostly looking for a paint option for your tank. Caitlin is excited to pick up

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Aluminum will never rust but of exposed to steel galvanic corrosion will occur. If you use aluminum make sure any hardware you mount to it is also aluminum.  If you have to use steel plasti-dip is a great option, it turns in to a rubberized coating that you can peel off in one piece if properly applied and re-sprayed.  

Edited by Oregonic
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Use an epoxy paint/primer like the 2K system.  You can get some very long lasting stuff from professional paint suppliers in a can these days just make sure you wear an appropriate  respirator.   Also make sure that the metal is prepped correctly so that it doesn't flake (starting with clean shiny metal, I normally use an acid etch primer then epoxy primer then several of top coat and sand between primer coats).