Today my lights might have went out.

milesmiles902

Hey everyone,

Today I woke up and noticed that one of my Hydra 52's only had its night lights on. At first I thought that it might just be a settings thing, but then when I tried to find it on my AI...it wasn't there.

After re-discovering the hydra on my Director, it said it needed a firmware update. This is what a lot of the online guides said might happen if there is a firmware issue.

I did a factory reset, and still can't get the 20%, 40% 60%, 80% and 100% settings with the analog button on the hydra. Right now, the indicator light shows solid red, which is supposed to mean a thermal cool-down process, but I am unsure if they burnt out because it was running before I messed with the update.

Currently, I can reset the AI hydra and update it, but still there is no output from the main lights. Any tips on what I should do? How long did your Hydra's last?

I am probably going to call AI tomorrow.

That was the first guide I tried. It actually gives me a notice on the director that my firmware needs updated when I use this tutorial, while Aqua-illuminations guide to resetting the firmware didn't. Could have just been a mistake.

I went and centered my other Hydra 52 over the tank and turned up the levels a bit. It should work, until I figure out a better solution.

Lights are expensive.

AquaIlluminations is amazing. I called and they went through the steps in the guide above. It didn't work, so they logged into my Director to evaluate the issue. According to them it is a driver issue for that specific light. They told me to fill out a Return Materials authorization form and they will take a look.

I am not even the original owner and they are still willing to look at the product. For free.

• Like 2

AquaIlluminations is amazing. I called and they went through the steps in the guide above. It didn't work, so they logged into my Director to evaluate the issue. According to them it is a driver issue for that specific light. They told me to fill out a Return Materials authorization form and they will take a look.

I am not even the original owner and they are still willing to look at the product. For free.

It's nice to know. Vortech and apex do the same which is why I have no concerns buying used ones.