Suggestion to make uploading pics easier

reefnjunkie

I don't know if this site's software is capable of doing it as easy as Reef2Reef but someone might look into whether this site is able to make it as easy to upload pics here.

I know Kireek is a mod over there, that's who let me know how easy it was to upload.

This isn't a bash thread, its a genuine suggestion

http://www.reef2reef.com/threads/my-acro-collection-aka-my-obsession.238822/page-7#post-3040405

• Like 2

Not a bash thread at all! The current method of having to go to photobucket sucks but I was told with the current server we are limited in what we can do. The admins are looking into other options and maybe they can chime in on this thread

Oh and I like how you slipped all your nice corals into the doscussion lol! ???? Praise Reefy!???? (Hail the king can't get that emoticon to load but you know the one )

• Like 1

Not a bash thread at all! The current method of having to go to photobucket sucks but I was told with the current server we are limited in what we can do. The admins are looking into other options and maybe they can chime in on this thread

Oh and I like how you slipped all your nice corals into the doscussion lol! Praise Reefy! (Hail the king can't get that emoticon to load but you know the one )

cant get the emoticon to load, that's a whole other thread-I'm just going to bite my tongue.

We need to ditch the present format/server/platform/interface whatever the operative word is-IMO

Let me reflect on days of past, there once was a very friendly user site, it was hacked and here we are :)

Peace

• Like 3

Those are amazing looking corals!  On the topic at hand, I also had a terrible time trying to use google+ to host the images instead of photobucket, so now I mainly use tapatalk.  Maybe we can all band together and donate some money to buy software :)

• Like 1

cant get the emoticon to load, that's a whole other thread-I'm just going to bite my tongue.

We need to ditch the present format/server/platform/interface whatever the operative word is-IMO

Let me reflect on days of past, there once was a very friendly user site, it was hacked and here we are :)

Peace

Yes I remember those times well. I too miss the smilies we used to have and it was easier to download pics but still a pain because you had to go through photobucket.

Ah yes days past... I was the president we had lots of coral growouts and group buys. Oh wait I'm president again or maybe we are back in time!

Let's party like its 1999. As far as chipping in for software. We had a good year and actually have 2 thousand more in the account than last year. Or that's what I recall from our treasurer but he's the numbers guy so cost isn't the issue. It's more making sure there are no negative effects.

Anyone remember when we tried to run a newer version of vbulletin ? That was a disaster. Nothing against the admin at the time that did that. It's just one of the things that can happen without proper evaluation and testing.

Yes I remember those times well. I too miss the smilies we used to have and it was easier to download pics but still a pain because you had to go through photobucket.

Ah yes days past... I was the president we had lots of coral growouts and group buys. Oh wait I'm president again or maybe we are back in time!

Let's party like its 1999. As far as chipping in for software. We had a good year and actually have 2 thousand more in the account than last year. Or that's what I recall from our treasurer but he's the numbers guy so cost isn't the issue. It's more making sure there are no negative effects.

Anyone remember when we tried to run a newer version of vbulletin ? That was a disaster. Nothing against the admin at the time that did that. It's just one of the things that can happen without proper evaluation and testing.

If I recall (that's a joke in itself since I suffer from early stages of dementia) Vbulletin is the issue-I'll say, Micah had a solution, but that was a time of turmoil-I'm recalling Adam has a solution and Jeremy.

Great minds still around, this can be done-Sorry didn't mean to leave chief out but he has professed to not be current, nor should he or anybody be, it's a volunteer group.

I'm just a junkie

I wish I was more up to date with bulletin software because then I would be willing to help set it up ????. I just had an email from a bunch of other sites that was hacked and username/email/passwords were all leaked

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

If I recall (that's a joke in itself since I suffer from early stages of dementia) Vbulletin is the issue-I'll say, Micah had a solution, but that was a time of turmoil-I'm recalling Adam has a solution and Jeremy.

Great minds still around, this can be done-Sorry didn't mean to leave chief out but he has professed to not be current, nor should he or anybody be, it's a volunteer group.

I'm just a junkie

Yes Vbulletin was bought out I liked the format a lot better but it became less user friendly. That's why we had to switch and reef2reef did too.

Adam , Jeremy and Jay all agree a new server would be nice but the good thing is the company does a lot of the things automatically that they used to have to do.

I also have noticed the site does not go down nearly as much and we we don't have any issues with spammers getting through which means the site is much more secure.

I don't know enough about the IT stuff to really make an educated guess as the best way to go but yes number one for me is to make pictures easier to post because that's a big part of why we are here is to see all the cool stuff everyone has.

I wish I was more up to date with bulletin software because then I would be willing to help set it up ????. I just had an email from a bunch of other sites that was hacked and username/email/passwords were all leaked

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

We don't use V.bulletin anymore. It lost a lot of it's appeal when it was bought out. I honestly don't rememver what we use now. 

Sounds like you have some IT knowledge. We are always open to suggestions on making this place better. :)