Struggling with CA raector as of late.

The ReefBox

So I run a GEO 618 on a fully stocked 250 cube (sps) lays of large colonies. I am struggling with my alk an keeping it stable. I have been shooting for 8-8.5 and as of late it just keeps creeping up. Today was 11.5 I have since turned off with my Apex controller and will let it come down I. It's own. I am using Reborn media and have forever.

My apex is set to come on at s.9 and off at 6.7. Judging by my graphs with apex the solenoid is doin its job.

Any thoughts out there. I will add that I had not noticed much growth recently in SPS and just changed out all my RO/DI equipment.

Has this been an ongoing issue or how long has it been creeping up.

I'd calibrate my probe and if its calibrated double check the KH test-if everything is in check I'd suspect the only option is to raise the off point 6.76  (or whatever value you feel) and test it after 24 hours to see the effect the change made

HTH

Has this been an ongoing issue or how long has it been creeping up.

I'd calibrate my probe and if its calibrated double check the KH test-if everything is in check I'd suspect the only option is to raise the off point 6.76  (or whatever value you feel) and test it after 24 hours to see the effect the change made

HTH

Good idea Brad thanks and I'll give it a whirl. Out of curiosity what do you have your set points at on ur mammoth system?

Good idea Brad thanks and I'll give it a whirl. Out of curiosity what do you have your set points at on ur mammoth system?

I couldn't keep up with set points and had to stop....

The solenoid is open 24/7 and my effluent is roughly 12mls per second and a PH of 7. I had to decrease my CO2 since my KH was climbing and was a little over 9 (9.24) it used to run with a PH of around 6.95-Granted it dropped over the last week to 6.90 I was just lazy and didn't take a KH reading. Last night I did take a reading and that was when I saw 9.24 which is a little higher than I want-I shouldn't have waited so long.

Post back your results and good luck!

I couldn't keep up with set points and had to stop....

The solenoid is open 24/7 and my effluent is roughly 12mls per second and a PH of 7. I had to decrease my CO2 since my KH was climbing and was a little over 9 (9.24) it used to run with a PH of around 6.95-Granted it dropped over the last week to 6.90 I was just lazy and didn't take a KH reading. Last night I did take a reading and that was when I saw 9.24 which is a little higher than I want-I shouldn't have waited so long.

Post back your results and good luck!

How are you decepreasing co2 if wide open and. No srt points?

Decreasing Im assuming :)

I'm using the needle valve on the regulator and watching its effect on the effluents PH.

Since I posted earlier it had climbed to 7.02 so I closed it slightly and now it's 6.97-I'll continue to watch it and to test and see how the adjustments go.

If you open your graph for the CO2 regulator can can see how long it's on and off and it wouldn't be tough to determine what effluent you need to be at if you wanted to run open 24/7

Edited by reefnjunkie

Decreasing Im assuming :)

I'm using the needle valve on the regulator and watching its effect on the effluents PH.

Since I posted earlier it had climbed to 7.02 so I closed it slightly and now it's 6.97-I'll continue to watch it and to test and see how the adjustments go.

If you open your graph for the CO2 regulator can can see how long it's on and off and it wouldn't be tough to determine what effluent you need to be at if you wanted to run open 24/7

Now you talkin like scientist that's way over my limits