hmm reg. sand or live sand?

Get what you want. I got dry sand for $1/lb at Waves, and added some LS from other tanks.

At the meetings, we usually do a sand swap. Some people bring a cup or two, it all gets mixed together, and whoever brough can take a portion home.

Or if you want, I can give you a cup of my sand at a future meeting. Just post asking for some sand before the meeting, and I bet that a bunch of people will offer to bring some to you.

dsoz :)

Aw, niles, I would be sure to use my flatworm exit before trading with anyone. :) I know I have a flatworm problem, and have been open about it, and plan on getting rid of the little buggers.

I have only been waiting until I have a way to run carbon on my system before I use the FWE. I should be able to just dump it in my filter sock, once my sump is up and running, or I was thinking of posting a request to borrow a cannister filter from someone for a few days (or buy one for cheep). I don't want to go out and spend $100 on a new canister, just to only use it for a couple of days.

Anyway, the flatworms should be gone in a week or so. !!!Curse you brown planarian menace!!! (shake fist)

dsoz :)

so whats your imo's on this? .......should I do alittle live sand with my reg. sand or just keep it plain?.(laugh) ......like anything in a sw tank could be plain!

This is exactly what I did. I bought 5 bags of Southdown sand and one bag of live sand. It worked great.

Jay

I just seeded my 5 inch sand bed with a few cups of live sands from other "trustworthy " tanks and keep swapping sand at each meeting with whomever brings some (asuming they have clean well established tanks as highlighted by Nyles).

There is obviously more than one way do this, but I like swapping sand and meeting new people in the process...(drinking)