WTB 1" PVC gate valve

XrayGuy

I am getting pretty frustrated with trying to find one of these dang things. Nobody carries them or claims to even have ever seen one...Home Depot, Lowe's, Ace Hardware, Ferguson, Grover...ugh! If anyone has one I can buy or knows of anywhere LOCALLY that I can get one, please let me know. Thanks!

Buy it online and buy me one too lol

just looked on amazon, not bad

http://www.amazon.com/King-Brothers-Inc-GVP-1000-S-Schedule/dp/B000H5ZTUY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1411516908&sr=8-2&keywords=gate+valve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a good deal. If I end up getting it online, then I will probably do that one. Saw some on ebay too.

Buy it online and buy me one too lol

just looked on amazon, not bad

http://www.amazon.com/King-Brothers-Inc-GVP-1000-S-Schedule/dp/B000H5ZTUY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1411516908&sr=8-2&keywords=gate+valve

That has to be by far the cheapest price on a gate valve ever. I'm sure you want a gate valve or you wouldn't have asked but these Tru Union ball valves from Lowes, I have on all my tanks and they turn easily, not like the greater majority of ball valves that you need a hammer to get started moving.

I presume you have something that requires the fine tuning of a gate, if not this are the best Ive ever found-and inexpensive

http://www.lowes.com/pd_108956-33599-P200U-40+1_0__?productId=3354628&Ntt=american+valve+pvc+1%5C%22&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Damerican%2Bvalve%2Bpvc%2B1%255C%2522&facetInfo=

AMERICAN VALVE 1-in PVC Sch 40 Socket In-Line Ball Valve

That has to be by far the cheapest price on a gate valve ever. I'm sure you want a gate valve or you wouldn't have asked but these Tru Union ball valves from Lowes, I have on all my tanks and they turn easily, not like the greater majority of ball valves that you need a hammer to get started moving.

I presume you have something that requires the fine tuning of a gate, if not this are the best Ive ever found-and inexpensive

http://www.lowes.com/pd_108956-33599-P200U-40+1_0__?productId=3354628&Ntt=american+valve+pvc+1%5C%22&pl=1¤tURL=%3FNtt%3Damerican%2Bvalve%2Bpvc%2B1%255C%2522&facetInfo=

How well does that work compared to a gate valve? I am building a tank similar to vanz and going to do the Herbie overflow, so that is why I wanted the gate valve.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_108956-33599-P200U-40+1_0__?productId=3354628&Ntt=american+valve+pvc+1%5C%22&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Damerican%2Bvalve%2Bpvc%2B1%255C%2522&facetInfo=

I have that exact same ball valve that I was thinking about using. Although easier than other ball valves, I still find it difficult to fine tune.

Oh' date=' and I too think gate valves are the only way to go on a herbie....[/quote']

I'd agree, I have the bean animal but same idea and I to use a gate valve-granted the valve is open 100% but if I wanted to adjust it I could, I have the one pictured on the other down pipe and that one I have reduced.

stick with the gate valve but I'd add a union vs straight glue, I've got unions on every section of PVC, I got way tired over the years of cutting the pipe and than having to add a coupler when I should have just added a union.

you never now when you need to "remove" something.

I think they where $15 and they were non Union but if you get the threaded ones you can get it apart if need (emergency)

Yeah you make a good point. I don't remember the last time I opened up my unions.