HOW MANY. TANGS!

tangman

Wanting to get some advise on how many tangs i can comfortably put in my 240 gallon im getting and what types do well together?

i have a 120 now and it has a blue hippo a yellow and a powder blue and they seem to be ok.

Thanks for any input(scratch)

Depending on the type of tangs in that tank you should be comfortable with 10-12 tangs IMO. It really depends on which ones you go with. If you get a smaller vlamingi (I know I botched the name) they get really big like 16-18". It's going to take many years as well for them to get to their full size so when you plan on upgrading to that 500-1000 gallon tank from this new one you should be fine....(whistle) Can't wait to see the build thread. It was a lot of fun setting up this big of a tank.

I would say 2-4. Mix genuses. I like nasos, they get along well with others. Some bristletoothes mix well. Zebrasomas and ancanthurus you will want to add last and sparingly. Keep flow high, lots of hiding spots, lots of ditherfish lots of food and lots of filtration. 240 just isnt that big to school tangs.

I would say 2-4. Mix genuses. I like nasos' date=' they get along well with others. Some bristletoothes mix well. Zebrasomas and ancanthurus you will want to add last and sparingly. Keep flow high, lots of hiding spots, lots of ditherfish lots of food and lots of filtration. 240 just isnt that big to school tangs.[/quote']

I agree with the above statement, i have 6 tangs that aren't full grown in a 400 and i think it's overcrowded. probably going to remove 1 or 2 to make some room. i have a vlamingi(8"), sailfin(7"), dussumieri(5"), yellow(4"), blue(5") and atlantic blue(5"). the atlantic blue is the biggest trouble maker so that one is definitely going and maybe the yellow.

Wow thats good to know i was thinking of puting around 7-8 tangs in there but sounds like prob not the best idea i guess it's all about how big they are. the ones in my 120 now are what i would call med size.but i can still have plenty of other fish.Thanks for the input.

Archived