Death on V. Tech campus, truly sad...

reefgeek84

the shooting that just happened here in Gresham at the highschool, no one was killed just a couple cuts well its the school my child was accepted into next year. I figure the odds of it happening again gotta be astrinomical so im not to worried abought it.

It is just so sad! Just when you think you are relativity safe your not. This guy apparently had issues I just wonder why no one saw the warning signs.
I believe because as a society, we no longer care about anything or anyone that does not directly affect or relate to us. Plus we are to worried about making someone mad if we question them...Just my thoughts...

While those groups debate, I believe it is clear that we cannot disarm America, that criminals will get guns even if we tried to do so, and that had this guy known for a fact that Virginia Tech security personnel carried loaded firearms, he may have thought twice about what he did. Or, considering he was obviously criminally insane and suicidal, if security or others did have loaded firearms, maybe this pr!ck could have been stopped, lives could have been saved.

BTW, I am not a member of the NRA, but I am a member of the ACLU. My opinions, however, are my own. Maybe, as Chris Rock has proposed, bullets should cost $5,000 each. Then they wouldn't be sprayed around so indifferently.

I hope the friends and families of Cho's victims can find some solace at some point in their lives.

I am torn on this right now...As I feel sorrow for everyone who lost their lives...Why did no one try to do anything...A guy comes in and shoots the teacher point blank in the head, you better believe, that I am throwing anything and everything I can throw at him, to get close enough to stomp his face in. I think we as America have become soft...Maybe I am alone here, but that is how I feel.

While those groups debate, I believe it is clear that we cannot disarm America, that criminals will get guns even if we tried to do so, and that had this guy known for a fact that Virginia Tech security personnel carried loaded firearms, he may have thought twice about what he did. Or, considering he was obviously criminally insane and suicidal, if security or others did have loaded firearms, maybe this pr!ck could have been stopped, lives could have been saved.

So more guns is the answer then? That makes me feel safer. :) I dont think its a good idea to disarm America but I just wonder why in the world i need to have a hand gun or an assault rifle? I have lived with family members and friends that had handguns and I did not feel safer. Seems like a good idea to make anyone who wants to buy a hand gun or assault rifle go through the same process as a police officer...IE, training and education.

A guy comes in and shoots the teacher point blank in the head, you better believe, that I am throwing anything and everything I can throw at him, to get close enough to stomp his face in. I think we as America have become soft...Maybe I am alone here, but that is how I feel.

That is what I thought too. I think that I would like to react in a fashion like you said but I really cant be sure. No one can, until the time comes. If someone comes in and starts shooting, I would assume the fight or flight response takes over. Not to mention, some people may have tried to stop him and got shot dead.

Lastly, I am still unclear as to why the heck there was not a better system for locking down the campus or evacuation. Nearly two hours passed before the second set of shooting.....incredibly sad but also incompetent of the University.

I am torn on this right now...As I feel sorrow for everyone who lost their lives...Why did no one try to do anything...A guy comes in and shoots the teacher point blank in the head' date=' you better believe, that I am throwing anything and everything I can throw at him, to get close enough to stomp his face in. I think we as America have become soft...Maybe I am alone here, but that is how I feel.[/quote']

Here's your HERO. Survives the Holocausts, escapes from a communist country, makes a name for himself as an aerospace engineer, and one day, out of the blue, at age 76, he is shot dead by a lunatic.

I'm sure there is a Hugh debate over "what went wrong" I'm sick to my stomach of them showing the shooter. Is this what we want the next one to see all the attention he is getting!!!! The only ones that should be immortalized are the victims.

The question of guns on campus's. IE teachers. No. Security, yes. But fully trained in law enforcement, anger management, personal physical and mental evaluation, and what ever else I didn't think of. You will NEVER get rid of the guns. Unfortunately, you Will never get rid of the nuts either.

It's a hard call to try and imagine what was going through the students heads at the time. I can't imagine there would be anything in a class room that would stop a MM HP. Other than the obvious.