ipad vs asus transformer vs xoom

frlejo

ipad vs asus transformer vs xoom  

1. 1.

Android is still growing at a much faster pace, so I don't imagine the gap will last much past mid 2012. Android apps are being published at at 2 to 1 clip vs iOS. Of course they don't have an overlord watching and approving every app either (laugh) so pretty much anyone can create an app for Android..........

Yeah, see that's the problem, and that's why Apple products are so much more stable and easy to use than other platforms. Apple set standards and requires all developers to program to those standards. They all have a commonality to them. Peripherals are truly "plug and play". No drivers to install or settings to fiddle with. Plug it in and it works. It's been that way since 1984. If you can use one program, you can use them all. On a PC (and now Android), it's whatever the programmer feels like doing, so there is no commonality between programs. You pretty much have to go thru a learning curve for each program you want to use. This is why it's so difficult to get things to work on a pc - there is no standard - no QC either. Whatever the developer feels like doing is what you have to deal with. That's fine if you're a computer geek, but most folks just want something to work without having to call their geek friend over to help them install a printer.

If you want to go the rogue route, you can always jailbreak the device and open up a whole other world in terms of available apps - one where Apple does not have any say in the programming and the developer is free to do as he (or she) wishes.

Bottom line: If you want something that just works, is leading the revolution, is easy to use, and has (and always will have) more apps available, then buy an iPad.

I switched over from Mac to PC right before Windows 95. At the time the Mac OS was so unstable (likely from copying MS(laugh)) that Macs were crashing as often as PC's it seemed and costing more.

Since XP and all the way up to 7 PC's have become more and more stable. The interface is very clean (again using some of the Mac tricks). I really like the idea of swapping out MB's, and CPU's easily and cheaply to upgrade.

I have 'droid 2.2 and it is very sweet. I would really like a small tablet that would incorporate a phone. I know I could use Skype, but I would like to use it full time. Maybe I could re-create a market for the cell phone belt holders that are only used by contractors and people over 60?(whistle)(whistle)

My 7 year old found my cell, played Angry Birds and discovered the video camera.(nono) Kids are not afraid of tech!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3712RSJxKY

I have a droid phone and the xoom. Can't wait to ditch both and go back to an Iphone. The Xoom is fine for what I do, but the phone is a POS and glitchy apps. None of my prior apple products had that issue. As for running the way you want comment, that's why they jailbreak them.

• 3 weeks later...

iPad at this point IS the market - all rest are picking at the scraps and will be doing the same for the next 12-18 months. Android fanboys save your breath - you are wrong - period - end of discussion.

The Amazon Fire is interesting and may fit the bill if you only want to consume media sold through Amazon but the reviews are overwhelmingly 'closer but still not an option unless $200 is your max budget and you have to have something now'. Fire suffers from slow interface and typical first generation issues which I'm sure will get fixed over time.

iPad at this point IS the market - all rest are picking at the scraps and will be doing the same for the next 12-18 months. Android fanboys save your breath - you are wrong - period - end of discussion.

The Amazon Fire is interesting and may fit the bill if you only want to consume media sold through Amazon but the reviews are overwhelmingly 'closer but still not an option unless $200 is your max budget and you have to have something now'. Fire suffers from slow interface and typical first generation issues which I'm sure will get fixed over time.

Viva la IPad ;)

I just hope apple can continue to change the way we live with out Steve Jobs :(

What about the blackberry playbook now they dropped the price by $300? The base model is now the same price as the Kindle Fire. I have an IPad 2' date=' but may need to try out the Playbook.[/quote']

Is the camera pretty cool on the iPad 2? I have the one, so no camera for me.

Is the camera pretty cool on the iPad 2? I have the one, so no camera for me.

I dont think it is as good as the camera on the iPhone 4, but it is a nice feature. The ability to FaceTime is great. My wife uses FaceTime with her friend on the East coast and I have used it with our little one when I'm out of town.

Archived