Stuck in Yakima, WA...

halcyonism

Hello all,

I have been lurking for quite a few months now, reluctant to post as I am quite a ways away from many of you. The problem is there is little to no saltwater community nearby, that I am aware of, let alone a decent LFS. So I figured what the heck, may as well post just for the off chance of meeting some people in the hobby that may be closer to me.

My tank is a 120g mixed reef that has been up and running for about 7 months now. It is lit by PAR38 LEDs, has a 55g sump and an Avast Marine skimmer. Live stock; six line wrasse and a firefish. Corals; misc bird nests, monti caps, euphillia and zoanthids. I also have one small derasa clam that I picked up about a month ago. Everything is doing great, hardest part is waiting for pieces to grow in and choking down paying $40 in shipping for a $20 frag... although most of my pieces I was able to pick up while visiting the Portland area.

Looking forward to participating on the forum more and hopefully I won't be shunned for living 3 hours away in the desert. ;)

Lastly, I will part with a FTS that I just took last night... please forgive the washed out look as I am still learning the ropes with my new DSLR.

Brian

FTS.jpg

Welcome. I drive back and forth from the Tri cities to Eugene every weekend (yes, I know(nutty)), and sometimes pick up frags from people in Eugene and Portland. I could meet you in Biggs Junction, and drop stuff off, if you are interested.

By the way, there is a club in the area, http://mcsac.org/ but it is nothing like good ol' PNWMAS. Hardly any activity on there.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and welcomes.

Welcome. I drive back and forth from the Tri cities to Eugene every weekend (yes, I know(nutty)), and sometimes pick up frags from people in Eugene and Portland. I could meet you in Biggs Junction, and drop stuff off, if you are interested.

By the way, there is a club in the area, http://mcsac.org/ but it is nothing like good ol' PNWMAS. Hardly any activity on there.

I may have to take you up on that offer, thank you.

I do visit the MCSAC boards, but as you mentioned, there is little to no activity there.

Archived