photos in the raw!

stylaster

So i finally got done reading a bunch about proper camera settings for tank photos. A big thanks to our resident camera expert too! I setup my camera (canon rebel xs dslr with efs 55mm lens) to shoot in the Raw at ISO 400. I set a custom white balance and started shooting. I will need to get a tripod to get a lot clearer pictures. But it did help with some post processing to really bring out the colors just like they look in my tank. I was very happy!

Enjoy guys

IMG_6677.jpg

IMG_6678.jpg

IMG_6680.jpg

IMG_6682.jpg

IMG_6685.jpg

IMG_6688.jpg

IMG_6689.jpg

IMG_6690.jpg

IMG_6693.jpg

IMG_6699.jpg

IMG_6703.jpg

The colors look excellent Roy, I was looking at one of Rick's threads and saw his settings, ISO was high 1600 so I tried it with my Rebel XTI and the shots were amazing. When I bring up Edit in Photoshop Elements it goes to the Raw photo dialog box and you can make all the adjustments you want before it goes to the edit program, but I sat and looked at the pics and really couldn't make an adjustment, they were that good

It is supposed to be RAW not raw, Roy! You are the chalice master. True colors are great to achieve. From what I have heard Canons don't like high film speed (oops ISO). Reminds me to update my PS, Steve. Nikon got in an argument with PS about RAW process.

Different PS: The KVAL TV crew showed up about 2:20 PM at the meeting and AND NO ROYSTER. I had to pontificate about the benefits and hazards of nude reefing, but they edited it out of the final story. I will provide an Xtube link.

Here are a few i shot, no editing right off the camera f5.6 1/400s ISO1600 Raw. Now I would take a few with different exposure or adjust the exp in the raw edit box but a lot better then the "blue Pictures" I normally have to edit the hell out of!

If you don't mind Roy,

raw1.jpg

rwa3.jpg

raw2.jpg

It is supposed to be RAW not raw, Roy! You are the chalice master. True colors are great to achieve. From what I have heard Canons don't like high film speed (oops ISO). Reminds me to update my PS, Steve. Nikon got in an argument with PS about RAW process.

Different PS: The KVAL TV crew showed up about 2:20 PM at the meeting and AND NO ROYSTER. I had to pontificate about the benefits and hazards of nude reefing, but they edited it out of the final story. I will provide an Xtube link.

Dang! I must have just left, I would have liked to see that interview! (well maybe not!)

not at all' date=' very nice, ill bring my camera with me and we can compare settings at the next meeting[/quote']

Yeah bring your camera, stands are great and not that spendy, I shot those in the hand but I usually use the stand. Much better pics plus you can leave it there and wait for a good pic opt

Archived