Cheapest place to buy Memory (RAM) for a computer?

R-3

I used to be into all that, I would shop newegg.com and pricewatch to get a good idea, but paying 10% more I always went with newegg because of support. Im interested to see what others are buying as well. Newegg usually beats my wholesale prices for my consulting business.. sad.

Okay another question I have. I have a Compaq Presario. I wanna buy some memory that I can take out and put in another computer that I upgrade too. Can I do that? Id rather buy a 1 gig stick and save the money instead of the 256 I need. LAter Ryan

I just do a search on the web and see what it takes... I dunno what presario you have but all the ones I see are old and require old ram. lamost better to sell to someone in need and bite the bullet if its really old... but I'm not sure what you got.

Try memorydirect.com to find out the type you need...

Then check TigerDirect.com for last years memory at LOW prices..It is an overstock and not the latest and greatest...

Bought (right way to use it Nyles.. :) ) lots of stuff from them over the years...

Good support (for what I needed...)

Funny that you mention the RAM. Do you remember the beer we made? Ryan, Renaldo & Bill? You know...

R R & B stands Ram Resturant and Brewery...

Was there last Sunday watching the Ducks game... 2 of the beers that I tasted had a Lactobacillus infections (sour) that was not true to their style... poor sanitation is likely the culprit... Normally really good beer... but they had a problem...

I might just have to join you... Anyone else want to meet?

It depends on the type of RAM. Its probably ddr. How old is the computer? You can always open it up and see what type the chip is.

My first stop when looking for RAM is fatwallet.com or slickdeals.net. You can usually find screaming deals there. Then if that fails i head to newegg.com. Can't go wrong there.

Funny that you mention the RAM. Do you remember the beer we made? Ryan, Renaldo & Bill? You know...

R R & B stands Ram Resturant and Brewery...

Was there last Sunday watching the Ducks game... 2 of the beers that I tasted had a Lactobacillus infections (sour) that was not true to their style... poor sanitation is likely the culprit... Normally really good beer... but they had a problem...

I might just have to join you... Anyone else want to meet?

I'd be up for a beer after the meeting on Sunday. We discussed on Monday chat, but left it open. I'll follow you, don't know any place for a good beer down south.

Also, you might check with Fry's for memory, often decent prices.

Sounds good to me, anything I can get my hands on, growth is obviously going to take some time; might be another summer for the school tank if June doesn't change her mind. I'll be heading out to Fairview around 1, trying to think of something else to do that way....oh yeah, there's a truck stop :).

Better get to bed, got stuck playing Unreal Tournament 2004....was going to only play 1 game....3 hrs later and I'm now checking these boards :)

also try enuinc.com

they have a shop in hillsboro and portland too.

One of the best OEM survivors, great place to buy that stands by their warranties. I've done most of my business with them over the years along with Frys. I don't think they ship, but you could always call.....I was going to post them, but Albany is a bit of a drive :)

Note: not everything they sell is OEM anymore.