Wanted-MJ holder

siskiou

Does anyone have a regular Maxijet holder lying around they are not using and would like to sell?

I have a ton of the suction cup type, but that won't do for the modded MJ I just got from Miles (Thanks again!).

Or if anyone wants to sell one of the sure-grip magnet types, that would be great, too!

Cant remember where I seen it, but that stuff that you can boil and form it to make brackets works well and a DIY was using Faux wood blinds (2" wide blades) that you get really cheap at the store, heating them with heat gun and bending to whatever size/shape, and it seemed to work very well.

I just attached my mjs to a piece of plexi and screwed to the inside of my canopy, like so:

http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n184/nyleswright/Reef%20Tank/?action=view&current=10-23-06003.jpg

Okay, I got some acrylic at Multi Craft. It was already bent at the top, so I just cable tied the MJ mod and wow!

That's quite the flow! :)

If they were controllable, they'd be perfect!

It's super quiet, too!

Here is a pic where you can see the surface water movement.

Ignore my temporary newspaper canopy! ;)

The light is higher up, because I switched back to 8 bulbs from 4 and it's blinding me when I sit on the couch.

P1030268.jpg

Okay, I got some acrylic at Multi Craft. It was already bent at the top, so I just cable tied the MJ mod and wow!

That's quite the flow! :)

If they were controllable, they'd be perfect!

It's super quiet, too!

Here is a pic where you can see the surface water movement.

Ignore my temporary newspaper canopy! ;)

The light is higher up, because I switched back to 8 bulbs from 4 and it's blinding me when I sit on the couch.

P1030268.jpg

You should post your pictures under the DIY Tunze thread.