New from vancouver.

fish monger

Hey everyone, I was just informed about this site yesterday by davey jones locker in fairview,or. I live in vancouver, I have three tanks, a 29 F/O in my daughters room, a 72 bowfront DT in the kitchen with a diy u-tube overflow 400 watt MH a 95 watt vho and a 30 gallon sump with a skimmer that is to big (good for the upgrade). A new 12 gallon jbj nano my wife got me for christmas. I have had fish tanks since I was 13 years old and have been doing saltwater for three years. My main tank is three years old. The plans are being laid out to put a 150+ system in the wall of my kitchen/dining room, need to do wood floors first.

My main tank is a mixed reef with some pink rhodactis, green rhodactis (hairy mushroom),tons of star polyps, pulsing xenia, lots of colt coral, (wanna trade), some sort of purple gorgonian, toadstool leather a nice colony of some unknown zoas, a derasa clam, and a new hammer coral. The fish are, mated pair of tomato clowns, foxface, xmas wrasse, flame angel, 2 green chromis, blue devil damsel (oldest fish), blue linkia starfish and a condy nem.

The nano has three yellow and black/brown tube worms, sun coral, green rhodactis, and pink rhodactis shrooms, a clown goby and a bi-color blennie, 2 emerald crabs.

The 29 has 2 clownfish (nemo), yellow tail damsel, and some assorted shrooms.

Welcome! Very nice looking tanks! The blue starfish' date=' how long have ya had it? I've always wanted one but have herd that they don't do well in aquariums.[/quote']

They need at least 100 pounds of live rock to graze on, they eat surface film, they cannot be spot fed. I have had mine for almost 2 years.

Welcome new "Toad":) Start the pic's on the new setup. Clam and star looks like buddies.

When I do this I might be asking for some help here and there, pics will deffinately follow. I have to upgrade the electrical replace the garge door or insulate it. Hard wood floors and braces in my daughters mouth take priority.(wife)

Them colt corals are growin way fast.

I had an electrician over tonight, one of my wifes clients(clap) He said he could get my electrical upgraded for the new in wall system for around 100 bucks.(rock2) Now I need to look for a big tank. Problably wont start shopping till this spring.