Stupid pet stories!

spayne

Jay has been working on building a bigger cage for Tiny our tegu for a week or so now. (Sidenote: I'm going to clean the heck out of Tiny's old cage- it's a 24"x24" cube- for growing out frags.) It's not finished yet, but the front is on with the glass and the sides are high enough that I'm pretty confident the lizard won't escape. And if he does, he's safe in the office with the door shut. The top will have to come later as Tiny is pretty much through brumating and the old tank was getting way too cramped from him.

Our kitten, Smudge... well, she was sitting on the arm of the futon absolutely transfixed with Tiny moving around in there. The futon is probably three feet from the cage. Before I knew what she was doing she leapt from the arm of the futon and WHAM! Bashed her head full on into the glass and dropped to the floor like a Thanksgiving turkey. rofl

Of course, I was hysterically laughing so I was pretty much unable to to see if the kitten was okay much less tell Jay what had just transpired. He was sitting right here, checking out the boards. But I'm sure he heard the thud, and the ensuing squeal of laughter that followed. It's times like that I wish I had a camcorder! Funniest thing ever! I was crying I was laughing so hard!

Just thought I'd share!

Stacy

I had the top off of my 20g FW tank cause I was doing a waterchange and pruning some plants. I walked away to throw the clippings in the garbage and one of our cats jumped INTO the tank, not paying attention to the fact that te nice warm canopy wasn't on it at the moment. Hilarity insued as I got to drag the now dripping cat out of the tank and watch it sulk around for the next hour while it dried off and do ANOTHER waterchange to get all the hair out of the tank. the cat won't even walk BY the tank now.

• Like 1

I have a pond in the back yard, and last summer I took in a bunny that needed a home. I guess the green plants were thick enough that Mr.bunny thought it was solid ground, because before I could stop him the hopped right up to, and into the pond. Never have I seen a more surprised bunny.whistle

He's rather cautious where he jumps now.rofl

rofl

Great stories! Smudge feels much better now! Course, Boo... she did a somewhat stupid pet stunt this morning. She was crossing the clothes hamper in the laundry room. One of those PVC jobbies. Well, she stepped where there wasn't PVC to hold her weight and PLOP! Dropped into one of the mesh bags! Then she gives me the look of "How in the heck do I get out of here? Help me!"

Silly kittens! DOH!

Stacy

OK I'll play along. Last night while making dinner, The biggest and youngest of our cats Austin, was playing next to the baby gate that we use to keep Diesel out of rooms with. Out of no where Austin reaches up and grabs the baby gate that is leaning against the wall and pulls it on top of himself. Now that was funny enough but to make matters worse just before he does this he crys out like he is giving the gate the "what fors" and after it fallls on him he looks at us like 'are you going to help I'm stuck!?'.

Cats I think might not be the sharpest tool in the shed if you catch my drift.

Now that was funny enough but to make matters worse just before he does this he crys out like he is giving the gate the "what fors" and after it fallls on him he looks at us like 'are you going to help I'm stuck!?'.

Good one! I am convinced that pets make life tolerable! I don't know what I'd do without my "personal zoo" to entertain me with some of the idiotic things they do!

I love that cat video! I've seen it a million times and it still makes me laugh! I love it when the cat attacks the toddler. (clap)

Stacy

Have you seen the one about talking cats?

rofl

That was great! No, I haven't seen that! Course, it was kind of creepy at the same time. To my cats, too. They were freaked out by the talking cats. :p

The last one was funny, with the subtitles! Great stuff!

Stacy