"My happy little ghetto"

PeteRock

So here is my tank... try not to run me off with torches and pitchforks wouda ya?...It's not doing so hot at the mo... That heat wave totally hurt us. I finally locked down a AC unit but it was to late by then. I only have 2 x 46" VHO's in there and they were replaced Sunday. They were VERY old (nono)

My hammer and frogspawn seemed to take it the worst. My clowns are hosted to the frogspawn, and it lost 2/3 stalks. You should seen those liitle clowns loyal as all hell to the "big stick" that was once their cumpfy home. It used to be softball size and now its a ping pong DOH!

Hosted2.jpg

Hosted.jpg

That right there is the highlight of my tank, lol... strugglin...

My next favorite is this OG snail that I've had over 3 years. It's prob 3-3.5 inches. (You can see a nudiranch in the back. If other snail shells seem bleached they are only a few days old)

Snail.jpg

Next I have a nice big Xenia that is getting out of control, I need to split it and move it. (but it looks so happy!)

Xeniagood.jpg

This Brittle star is over 3 years old as well. He's massive! easilly 12" a leg. He's always hiding with just legs coming out and he seems to creep guests out the most.

Star.jpg

Then there's this messy mofo. He is post heatwave and has managed to stir up my tank so much. All my live rock is covered. I vacumed a lot of it up but he stirred up some mess for the forst week! Now I sit by my tank and we make faces at each other. Funny Diamond goby and he's worth the mess!

DGoby.jpg

And here she is, my 72 gallon bowfront. (clap) ? (scratch) ?

Overall.jpg

I've got a sweet Fuge with fresh float top off valve and an efficient little skimmer... I just stared going without a filter bag, but all the goby dust had me throw it back in to catch all that crap. This is another jaw dropper when people come over and see the whole world beneath the scenes. Especially up here in the NW, you tell them its completely sustainable, no filters nothing :D lol

Fuge.jpg

Anyways, if youre still reading this, I'm impressed and would like to hear what you think. Lets review a couple of points first though.

1) My tank is no where near what it could be and It has so much more potential.

2) It's been set up happily for 3 years and I was rather happy with its status for that time, however I'm looking to get more involved again.

3) I need more of tons of things including money.

4) It may look something like an irresponsible tank, but I have not pulled anything out of there that shouldn't have come out in a very long time.

5) I have a sense of humor, you can joke with me.

-Pete

I think your tank looks great! Its got some nice variety, and you're happy with it....which is of course what really matters here. I agree about needing a little extra flow, maybe a koralia or 2 would help?

The heat hurt a lot of us, I hope that your tank (and frogspawn) recovers well!

Thanks folks.

I do really need some more flow. I just pulled a maxi jet 900 out of there last week. The Diamond goby has caused the mess, It usually isn't that dusty in there. The motor stopped working in a wierd way. The internal motor keeps running, but the rotor magnet wont "catch". I fiddled with it a bit, but I couldn't get it to work. I was going to take it into the shop this weekend.

If it's busted I'lljust have to suck it up and buy another one. I just hate spending the $40 or w/e they are these days on a powerhead...

Do you like those koralia pumps? those are the ones with the basket around the blade right? They look nice but I've never had one.

Thanks folks.

Do you like those koralia pumps? those are the ones with the basket around the blade right? They look nice but I've never had one.

I love the koralias, and the customer service can't be beat if you end up having a problem with one. If you're considering them, dr. foster and smith is having a pretty rocking sale. Here's the link...

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=15955

Thanks for the link. If I can't figure mine out this weekend, I'll suck it up and buy one.

Question: I have a cleaner clam up in my main tank on a rock. Would it be happier in my sump (poor lighting and lots of seaweed), or would it be better in the sand in main tank?

Thanks.

I have a bubble/brittle star just like yours. I like your tank. Lots of inverts. Ilike all your snails.

Heres one of my green brittle stars. He is 5 or 6 years old. I think I have posted this pic before. This guy has been hanging in this location for a while now.

Jay

attachment.php?attachmentid=5573&stc=1&d=1250218924

post-199-141867747682_thumb.jpg