drilling my tankand plumbing help

mister crabs

heres a rough idea of my tanks footprint......back panel is approx. 24" long and 20" high. then has four side panels...and matching front panel....looks like a hexagon but with unequal sides.shopexd.asp?id=129752 was thinking of two returns and one drain in back panel and one return in each of two back angled panels. would this give me enough flow? And how do i get 4 returns into tank out of 1 return pump? I am looking at about 2-2.5 feet of head on return. so how big of pump do i need? 55 gal total water volume (15 sump and 40 disp.) first time drilling a tank so bear with my noob questions here! Plus i am looking into weather the bottom is drillable because some arent tempered and mine had no sticker saying it was( none in store did either), cuz if its drillable i would prefer my drain thru bottom.

thanks in advance for any help guys! :D

You need to call the manuf. to find out if the glass is tempered, that should be step one. Next, measure and mark where you want to drill. You could use something like an OM Squirt to get 4 outputs and have a wave effect in the tank. Or you will need to use a Y or something with 2 Ts after the Y to get a total of 4 outputs. I would use a larger pump for that, something around 1000 gph, maybe a Mag9.5.

• 1 month later...