Is there going to be a....

180Brandy

Yeaaa.... I don't think I see any beer in my future. Otherwise, you would have to check your tank for ammonia after you see me standing on a chair next to your tank.

Too bad LeRoy can't make it. I had visions of doing my "in your face dance" after I won a Garf Bonsai frag.

Is "near beer" the stuff that is like beer, but non-alcoholic? I had forgotten about that stuff. I still think that it is not for me. I think that beer (except rootbeer) tastes like the urine of a goat (don't ask). Everyone is entitled to their oppinion.

dsoz

Well, I see that a few people have signed up for next week's meeting at my place. Are any more of you planning on attending that haven't responded to the evite?

As the evite explains, Dennis (dsoz) and I will be demonstrating how we make DIY live rock. For anyone who is interested in making some rock with us, you can prepay me by paypal ($10 to undrtkr_00@yahoo.com), and bring a 5 gallon bucket (or similar sized container, like a rubbermade tote) along. We'll mix up some cement, oyster shells, and coarse salt and make rock together. You'll get to take home several pounds of DIY live rock, and we'll discuss how to cure it and make it ready to put it in your tank. The $10 covers the cost of materials, and if there is any money left over, it will go toward the tanks for teachers program. I'll need to receive payment no later than Friday night if you want to participate, so I'll have a chance to pick up the right amount of materials.

Of course, if you just want to watch the demonstration, you're welcome to come and there is no charge. I'm sure John has a few other items on the meeting agenda, as well.

Also - this would be a great place for a frag-trading thread. I'm planning to have some softy frags available. I'll post a few pics here later on.

Here are a few corals I'll have available. I'll put prices on them but trades are welcome, as well.

Sinularia (finger leather) - 2-3" frag - $5

Very hardy and fast grower

DSCN1966.jpg

Green palys with bright speckles - 5 polyps on a frag disk - $5

DSCN2312.jpg

Kenya tree - roughly 6" tall - $10

Also pretty hardy and fast grower

DSCN2310.jpg

Green candy cane - 4 polyps - $15

DSCN2301.jpg

Green star polyp - roughly fist-sized rock - $25

Very hardy

DSCN2260.jpg

May have some others available later.

I can't find the e-vite for some reason, I don't think I ever saw it. I plan on being there but not sure who else in the family will go.

I can bring some green digitata, GSP and I have a nice little colony of Acro to get rid of as well. I have mushrooms and a riccordea or two for sale/trade.

Thanks!