Hydroids ?

Vancop

Try to remove all of them you can. I have not found anything of them to be beneficial... I have them all the time in the clown house. They usually pop up when I am feeding lots of BBS to the larva. I just siphon them out and they pretty much go away till the next batch of babies.

Dave

They are nothing to worry about Scott. I have found them in many healthy reef tanks. A six line wrasse would be a good addition to the tank. They should eat the hydroids as well as some of the other potential nuisances that may hitch hike into the system.

Hydroids are a danger to very few things. There are chemicals that will keep them away for years, but they do the same to all inverts for years. If your not keeping something that is in danger of the hydroids, rejoice in there presence. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I have the opposite experience. I have the digitate hydroids, the colonial type, and now i'm seeing a 3rd type pop up. All 3 sting corals and keep them closed. They reproduce incredibly fast. My wrasse won't touch them neither will pep shrimp. I've resorted to pulling rocks and corals out then using a dremel or razor blade to scrape them off. I seem to be losing ground doing this also :/