Are these the same skimmers

TAD

http://saltwaterconnection.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=3

http://www.marinesolutionsinc.com/catalog/Protein-Skimmers-MSX-Skimmers/c22_48/p132/MSX200/product_info.html

The specs on these seem almost the same. I am going to order one of these, just not sure what one. If you can tell me anything about one or the other that would be great.

I had one ordered but got the call today that it was around two weeks out, so now I can rethink it.

So they just put diffent stickers on them? Sorry about the questions but just wanting to make sure.

How long have you had it? And anything I need to know about setup or tips and or tricks or is it just plug and play ?? Thanks for the info.

Yep, just different stickers. The meshwheels could be different also because each place does there own.

I had mine running for about 1-2 months on a 70 gallon frag tank...but decided to simplify my system and plumb it in with the main system which runs a reeflo orca 250, so the msx 200 wasn't needed anymore. It ran great for the time I had it. They are a little touchy at first if you decide to use the meshwheel, some are balanced and some are not and need to be re-meshed or they get loud and have start up issues. I know they now have a "purple" pinwheel that is suppose to pull the same numbers as the mesh with no start up issues so you may want to look into one of those.

$for$ these are one of the best skimmers on the market today. There is a VERY long thread going on RC if you haven't seen it you should sit down for a (ok many) hour and read it, has all sorts of great info. Its in the lighting and filtration forum. Also, marine solutions has a forum on RC that alot of owners post on.

They are pretty plug and play...at least for me it was. I just set it up on a stand in about 8" of water and let it rip! I sold the skimmer to scott and he in turn has let Jordan from Waves borrow the skimmer and he has been running it for a month or so now. I talked to him last week and he said that it is really touchy in his system, skimming wet then dry, then wet again....so take that for what its worth.